diy solar

diy solar

Seplos Mason terminal connection question

Rickster1978

Afternoon everyone.

I’ve used the forum quite a bit for reference without previously joining, however I’ve now bought a Seplos Mason kit and and I’m currently mid way through the build.

The lack of instructions has made it a bit of a challenge but it’s all pretty straight forward.

I have come up against one question though and that’s around connecting the batteries using the bus bars.

I’m just confirming where the washers need to go. Are they between the battery and the bus bar or between the bus bar and the nut?

Also where in that order do the connections to the pcb go? Are they between the bus bar and the nut?

I’ve seen some people saying that they haven’t used the washers at all but I’m keen to do it by the ‘book’ as much as possible (despite there not actually being a book)

Afternoon everyone.

I’ve used the forum quite a bit for reference without previously joining, however I’ve now bought a Seplos Mason kit and and I’m currently mid way through the build.

The lack of instructions has made it a bit of a challenge but it’s all pretty straight forward.

I have come up against one question though and that’s around connecting the batteries using the bus bars.

I’m just confirming where the washers need to go. Are they between the battery and the bus bar or between the bus bar and the nut?

Also where in that order do the connections to the pcb go? Are they between the bus bar and the nut?

I’ve seen some people saying that they haven’t used the washers at all but I’m keen to do it by the ‘book’ as much as possible (despite there not actually being a book)
Washers need to go on the cell terminal and under the busbar..
They are crush rings, and are there to ensure the best possible contact between busbar and cell

Ideally you drill a hole and tap in the busbar for the PCB connectors, if you for whatever reason can't, put the on top of the busbar, right under the nut...
Besure you check once a year if the nut still has a torque of 4-5 nm

Washers need to go on the cell terminal and under the busbar..
They are crush rings, and are there to ensure the best possible contact between busbar and cell

Ideally you drill a hole and tap in the busbar for the PCB connectors, if you for whatever reason can't, put the on top of the busbar, right under the nut...
Besure you check once a year if the nut still has a torque of 4-5 nm
Ive never heard that washers go under bus bars. I’ve always heard cell terminals are to be direct contact with bus bars.

Is this specific to mason set ups or a cell terminal type?

Ive never heard that washers go under bus bars. I’ve always heard cell terminals are to be direct contact with bus bars.

Is this specific to mason set ups or a cell terminal type?
these arent washers, rather crushrings of soft aluminium.
they not only ensure a full contact to the busbar, but also increase the contact area
not sure if any of the others like EEL use them

You happen to have pictures? I’m guessing they are rather thin to accommodate and unevenness of terminals and bus bars and the ability to give.

You happen to have pictures? I’m guessing they are rather thin to accommodate and unevenness of terminals and bus bars and the ability to give.
Have them in my boxes, but I found them surprisingly thick.. they are very very soft aluminium though

No build videos on YouTube?
I watched off grid garage but didn’t find it very clear with the washers. The instructions linked to on the Fogstar site also don’t make it clear.

I think you can probably see from the conversation on here that it’s not overly clear.

I watched off grid garage but didn’t find it very clear with the washers. The instructions linked to on the Fogstar site also don’t make it clear.

I think you can probably see from the conversation on here that it’s not overly clear.
It is actually very clear...
Off grid garage desired not to use them..
Ask seplos ( or watch their official build video on yt) and find out...

I’d not seen the Seplos build video and my general Seplos YouTube searches hadn’t bought it up so thank you for sharing that. I’m going to watch it back now so hopefully no further questions on the build.

I’ll do my best not to annoy you with SunSynk questions now :)

I’d not seen the Seplos build video and my general Seplos YouTube searches hadn’t bought it up so thank you for sharing that. I’m going to watch it back now so hopefully no further questions on the build.

I’ll do my best not to annoy you with SunSynk questions now :)
Hey, you are always welcome to ask, thank is what this forum is for, sharing knowledge...
Worst that can happen is someone not answering :)

And you are welcome

Back