diy solar

diy solar

Seplos "v2" + Deye + SolarAssistant

zolee

I have two (soon to be four) 16S 280Ah batteries with Seplos BMS and a Deye inverter.
The BMS is connected to the inverter over CAN and the Solar Assistant is connected to Deye with rs485.

My "problem" is that the available data is not complete, I can see the advertised current, the total voltage etc. but can't see the individual cells voltage.

What options are available, sans changing the BMS to something else to have the cell voltages for each 64 cells?

I have two (soon to be four) 16S 280Ah batteries with Seplos BMS and a Deye inverter.
The BMS is connected to the inverter over CAN and the Solar Assistant is connected to Deye with rs485.

My "problem" is that the available data is not complete, I can see the advertised current, the total voltage etc. but can't see the individual cells voltage.

What options are available, sans changing the BMS to something else to have the cell voltages for each 64 cells?
i also don't see all individual cell data...
i do how ever see the highest cell, lowest cell and average per pack :
1717582923090.png

did you follow SA's guide on connecting Seplos batteries ?
almost seems you SA is only getting info from the inverter
1717584148860.png

Attachments

• 1717584037698.png
    1717584037698.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 2
Yes, SA is getting data only from inverter.

It was working fine until I configured the inverter to Lithium 00 (CAN) in order to control charging/discharging from the BMS itself.
After that the BMS would simply crash if I tried to connect with SA. That's why I changed it to inverter only.
Edit: I didn't touch this config since 2022.

Yes, SA is getting data only from inverter.

It was working fine until I configured the inverter to Lithium 00 (CAN) in order to control charging/discharging from the BMS itself.
After that the BMS would simply crash if I tried to connect with SA. That's why I changed it to inverter only.
Edit: I didn't touch this config since 2022.
ah i see what happened...

if you switch you master BMS to CANBUS, you disable rs485 completely on it ( also stated in the Solar Assistant guide)
therefor Solar assistant will not be able to read information from it.
It should be able to read the information from you other battery packs, if you set up the dip switches correct.
When clicking connect on SA, it may not be able to discover all batteries at the first go, if that is the case, press disconnect and connect a few times untill the remaining batteries are discovered.

unfortunately this is a known limitation of the seplos bms.

It's a bummer that with the 15K, if you have the inverter reading the battery, you don't have the option to read it with SA.

It's a bummer that with the 15K, if you have the inverter reading the battery, you don't have the option to read it with SA.
actually you do, with the exception of the master battery ( as i am doing)

So it works just like their monitoring software? It reads only the last 2 of my 3 batteries. So are you running a separate cable to the second battery?
i am not....

currently only 3 batteries connected due to move project of the batteries :

single cable to last slave -> rs486 -> SA

1717591555447.png

if you switch you master BMS to CANBUS, you disable rs485 completely on it
Does this mean I can switch back to rs485 and still have Deye reading the battery?

Edit: got distracted and never sent this response.

In later posts you wrote that you can't see the master battery. Would it work if we connect SA via CAN?

Does this mean I can switch back to rs485 and still have Deye reading the battery?

Edit: got distracted and never sent this response.

In later posts you wrote that you can't see the master battery. Would it work if we connect SA via CAN?
i don't think you can connect SA through CANBUS.

havent tested it , but Seplos supports Pylontech over RS485 on the inverter port(marked as CANBUS) and you Deye does so too
lithium menu -> rs485 -> protocol 12

one has to ask oneself though, what exactly would it add to see individual cells ?
also , when having more than 2 batteries paralleled , is seeing the master even important ?
packs paralleled will be at the same voltage

diy solar

diy solar
Back