diy solar

diy solar

Seplos Mason v2 to v3 retrofit (or best practice for using both with one Inverter)

y7eah

Seplos messed up and shipped me 2 v2 units that I'm stuck with (got partial credit). Anyone out there attempt to retrofit a v3 BMS in a v2 kit? My understanding is the bus bars, routing and face plate are all different. My v3 kits have not arrived yet for comparison so I'm just going off the poor photos I can find online.

I'm almost thinking the retrofit might not make sense from a dollars standpoint. That leaves the question of how do I use 2 v2 Seplos BMS along with the 4 v3 Seplos BMS to power one inverter. Avoid CAN comms altogether? Only connect the v3 batteries and leave the v2 non-communicating? Inverter is EG4 18kpv.

Just communicate with the V3 battery boxes and the V2 will tag along no problem.
Or maybe offer them up for sale here because someone may want V2 boxes and not V3 if that's all they have now.

What I have done is to buy a V3 mason kit and sold my 3 month old V2

managed to sale it for £300 so lost £200 but it would have cost me that to but a V3 BMS and balance board plus the biz bars etc

also someone has now got a V2 for £300 to go with there other V2

Ps I only swapped over the front and compression plate

Thanks @Quattrohead for the idea, I'm facing a similar dilemma myself (mix of Seplos BMS 2.0 and 3.0 in the same system). I hadn't even considered that it should be enough to have just one battery communicate with the inverter. The battery capacity will be wrong, but you'd get control of the charge parameters.

Of someone is interested, I do still have a V2 ( 10c so no bluetooth and canbus only), laying around.

Let me know through PM if that could help you all out

I honestly do not get why the hell everybody wants these v3's so badly, did anyone bother to actually test them vs a V2 ?

Of someone is interested, I do still have a V2 ( 10c so no bluetooth and canbus only), laying around.

Let me know through PM if that could help you all out

I honestly do not get why the hell everybody wants these v3's so badly, did anyone bother to actually test them vs a V2 ?
It's not why evey one wants the v3 it's that you al3ady have a v2 and brought another mason but it a v3 and they do t communicate to each other so one needs to upgrade or down graide

It's not why evey one wants the v3 it's that you al3ady have a v2 and brought another mason but it a v3 and they do t communicate to each other so one needs to upgrade or down graide
Partly, have a V3, extensively tested it, was less than impressed, especially with that AB board

So I decided that it wasn't worth the investment to replace them all...

To each his/her owns I guess

Back