diy solar

diy solar

Setting up a "Budget Friendly 24V system

Ok I found this on bigbattery.com.

this will allow me to connect in series and then connect to my growatt. I will need to cut and strip one of the connectors though. Does this look correct?

Ok I found this on bigbattery.com.

this will allow me to connect in series and then connect to my growatt. I will need to cut and strip one of the connectors though. Does this look correct?

Did you establish that the BMSs will work in series?

load/source_positive<->pw_1_positive
pw_1_negative<->pw_2_positive
pw_2_negative<->load/source_negative

Last edited:
If its a stationary setup I would see about getting rid of the anderson connectors.
If you pop off the powerwall lid hopefully you will find a lugs and studs setup that you can make good low resistance connections to.

not stationary. will be installed inside a skoolie

is there any benefit to getting rid of the Anderson connectors?

Andersons are very common in RV installations for ease of removing battery packs or appliances. Whether you will find it more convenient than bolted-down lugs is up to you.

Okay, I guess mine is a knock off, like SmoothJoey said. I'll look back at PowerWerx.
Thanks, seems I have a lead now.
True Anderson SB connectors only work with the same color which i just learned and there is a thread on. If the BB Anderson 175s are red then you need red ones to connect to it.

True Anderson SB connectors only work with the same color which i just learned and there is a thread on. If the BB Anderson 175s are red then you need red ones to connect to it.
The SB175 connectors come in six colors that all work together. The SB120 come in three colors and the SB50 come in seven colors. It is the sizes that look similar but different sizes do not work even if they are the same color.

Last edited:
Back