diy solar

diy solar

Settings on Litime 60A MPPT for AGM bat

nschizzano

Hi, my MPPT 60A by Litime does not have a setting for AGM battery. Which should I set it to? It has CUS, TERNARY, FLD, SEL, GEL, LI & FePO4 available. I have two 55AMP Centenial AGM batteries wired in parallel. Thanks.

Hi, my MPPT 60A by Litime does not have a setting for AGM battery.

60A is WAY too much for a pair of 55Ah batteries.

They likely need to be charged at no less than 11A and no more than 33A.

Absorption 14.5-14.9
Float 13.6-13.8

Which should I set it to? It has CUS, TERNARY, FLD, SEL, GEL, LI & FePO4 available.

SEL likely = Sealed, which is closest to AGM.

CUS maybe CUStom allowing you to enter the values specific to your brand of battery.

I have two 55AMP Centenial AGM batteries wired in parallel. Thanks.

Amp is a measure of current. Amp-hr/Ah is a measure of capacity.

60A is WAY too much for a pair of 55Ah batteries.

They likely need to be charged at no less than 11A and no more than 33A.

Absorption 14.5-14.9
Float 13.6-13.8

SEL likely = Sealed, which is closest to AGM.

CUS maybe CUStom allowing you to enter the values specific to your brand of battery.

Amp is a measure of current. Amp-hr/Ah is a measure of capacity.

I am aware 60AMP is large, I am planing for upgrading. It will only be with these AGM batteries for a few weeks. I orderd one 200AH lifepo4 battery and I may get one more.

I think my system is currently 16.6 amps, yeah I plan to ramp things up.

Okay sealed, yeah, I read gel a couple times. But the advice is some what conficting often.

CUS is Copper Sulfide battery.

Oh yeah I meant 55ah

Gracias

I am aware 60AMP is large, I am planing for upgrading. It will only be with these AGM batteries for a few weeks. I orderd one 200AH lifepo4 battery and I may get one more.

Nice.

I think my system is currently 16.6 amps, yeah I plan to ramp things up.

That's per battery, so parallel is double.

Okay sealed, yeah, I read gel a couple times. But the advice is some what conficting often.

GEL is okay for AGM, but it will likely undercharge as GEL absorption voltages tend to be lower than AGM.

If the manual publishes the absorption and float values, pick the closest to your battery spec. Flooded is out as it may activate equalization, and that will cook anything but flooded.

Yeah I was thinking 16.6 amps from my panels. Yeah I'm little confused on all of it!

Okay so I will set it to sealed!

Yeah no info in the manual.

So in the MPPT set up it has the 001 to 247 with a setting wheel next to it. I'm wondering what this setting is?

Back