diy solar

diy solar

TriStar Mppt 60A , custom settings for EG4 48v 100ah server rack ?

Cannonsville69

Anyone have a TriStar Mppt 60A and using custom settings to charge an EG4 LiFePOwer4 48v 100ah server rack...(or similar) ? What settings are you using in the TriStar ? Thanks in advance

Just multiply by 4. Just switched mine to 48V and jumpy did that.
Really ? Wow that's wonky . I think i woulda bought a second victron had i known this. So what 48v battery are you using ..and if it's a lithuim iron phosphate , can u share your numbers ? This would help me see if anything i have is way out of normal ranges for LiFePO4 . Thanks msandals and yodamota ...

anyone else running a tristar mppt 60 in LiFePO4 , pleaes share your numbers in your settings . Thanks

So what 48v battery are you using ..and if it's a lithuim iron phosphate , can u share your numbers ?
I have 280Ah LiFePO4 cells and an JBD BMS.

@yodamota jogged my memory and he is correct that you enter the 12V numbers and switch the dip switches for the appropriate voltage.

I used MSView for few minutes (after hours of making a DB9 cable...) a few years ago for my 12V LiFePO4 battery. Then just a few minutes recently.

Sorry I misspoke about multiplying by 4. I have a couple Victrons too and love both brands. The Morningstar has been a workhorse since 2009. Its just runs and runs.
can u share your numbers ?
I used exactly those numbers.

This is one oddity that I had. When it reaches the top voltage (13.88V i believe), when it goes to float, it shows FAULT on the remote and the red light on the MPPT 45 flashes. This was VERY disturbing and Morningstar kind of brushed it off (i cannot recall their response, i think they were surprised but its a very old unit). Now when i see the red light flashing and/or FAULT on the remote display, I am only alarmed for a split second sometimes... :*)

Back