diy solar

diy solar

PowMR 60A MPPT undervoltage protection

jv16bar

Hello, i have a PowMR 60A MPPT charger (one of those MSB clones) with a 48V LiFePO4 pack. My D3 setting (low voltage protection) is set to 12.5V (= 50V for my system).
Can somebody tell me, if the controller disconnects the load at 50V, at what battery voltage will it reconnect? Thanks.

So, if anybody runs into this problem: these PowMR controllers have no settings for reconnect voltage. They have a D03 setting for Low disconnect voltage, and that's it. Once the battery reaches this LDV value, it disconnects the load, and even when the battery is charged at D02 value (absorption voltage) it will not reconnect the load.
In my case D03 was set to 50V (i have a 48V LiFePO4 pack), the load was disconnected, and reaching the 56V voltage does not reconnected the load. I had to turn off and on the controller (disconnecting the PV string and the battery).

it disconnects the load, and even when the battery is charged at D02 value (absorption voltage) it will not reconnect the load.

One might use a standalone LVD to get around the limitation. I don't think it's common/recommended run nontrivial loads directly off the controller anyhow.

I am curious, What were you powering? and was it through the LOAD terminal?
I have the same charge controller and am waiting for my SOK rack batteries to get here,
so I can use them for extra power hooking them to my Ecoflow Delta Pros through the XT60i ports.
I was considering hooking the LOAD terminal to the Delta, but read I should hook it directly to the battery.
Any thoughts are always welcome. Thanks

are you sure of thi
Load terminals can be used up to the current rating of the controller, 60a in this case.
s??.
most load terminals are rated for lower loads like 20% of scc main rating. the powmr am sure cant do more than 200w on the load terminal...will recheck my manual to be sure

The chargers load terminal is rated at 5A. In my case it powered a 48V relay which acts as a transfer switch between grid and solar (kind of an Automatic Transfer Switch).

Back