diy solar

diy solar

Shade Stopper panels

grizzzman

Photon Vampire

Has anyone played with this tech yet? It seems to me a solid way to reduce the effects of shading in limited room type applications, RV's etc. Where function over cost is more a factor.
Here is a evaluation by a youtuber.

They were unfortunately out of the flexible panels ( they said due to an overwhelming demand for the product ). So I picked up their portable version.
It has 36 schottky diodes to bypass shaded cells, in my opinion series panels of this type would work better than parallel during shading.

I'm headed out on a boondocking trip for 10 days on Friday and will "play" with the unit. Vertical and horizontal shading of cells in line as an example.
I am not a fan of flexible panels, discoloration of the plastic over time, delamination likely due to thermo issues/construction. To at least mitigate the thermo issues if I continue I will conductively connect the aluminum sheet then a greenhouse panel to start with. ( Remember cost is a lower factor here )

Anyone have something to add?

Has anyone played with this tech yet? It seems to me a solid way to reduce the effects of shading in limited room type applications, RV's etc. Where function over cost is more a factor.
Here is a evaluation by a youtuber.

They were unfortunately out of the flexible panels ( they said due to an overwhelming demand for the product ). So I picked up their portable version.
It has 36 schottky diodes to bypass shaded cells, in my opinion series panels of this type would work better than parallel during shading.

I'm headed out on a boondocking trip for 10 days on Friday and will "play" with the unit. Vertical and horizontal shading of cells in line as an example.
I am not a fan of flexible panels, discoloration of the plastic over time, delamination likely due to thermo issues/construction. To at least mitigate the thermo issues if I continue I will conductively connect the aluminum sheet then a greenhouse panel to start with. ( Remember cost is a lower factor here )

Anyone have something to add?
Looks like Andy got around to it before I did.

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back