diy solar

diy solar

Shading panels

Nimrod5

I am going to put up six 265 watt panels this spring. They will be 2 strings of 3 panels wired in series and the strings wired in parallel. Will the production of one of the strings be muted if part of the other string is in shade? The answer will determine if I position one string to the side of the other or one string above the other.

I may not be there much in the winter. I would like at least enough production to keep the batteries fully charged (no load on them) so they don't freeze. It can hit -60 here. If both strings have reduced production when one is partially shaded would it be OK and preferable to shut off the string likely to be partially shaded?

I am going to put up six 265 watt panels this spring. They will be 2 strings of 3 panels wired in series and the strings wired in parallel. Will the production of one of the strings be muted if part of the other string is in shade? The answer will determine if I position one string to the side of the other or one string above the other.

No, but shade should be avoided at all costs. It is devastating.

Back