diy solar

diy solar

She went bang real good....whew

"...backyard shed caught fire, spreading to fuel tanks within that exploded, destroying the structure."

"In a Twitter post shared on Nov. 1, KFR stated that defective lithium batteries charging in the shed started the fire."

"At the time of the fire, homeowner Mark Krug told KTW there was a propane tank and oxyacetylene tank in the area of the shed where the fire took place."

"...backyard shed caught fire, spreading to fuel tanks within that exploded, destroying the structure."

"In a Twitter post shared on Nov. 1, KFR stated that defective lithium batteries charging in the shed started the fire."

"At the time of the fire, homeowner Mark Krug told KTW there was a propane tank and oxyacetylene tank in the area of the shed where the fire took place."

A virtual potpourri of holiday festive flammables, I wonder how many infraction books the local FD went through writing him up. I'm from that area (Kamloops/Lillooet where I served with the RCMP), this doesn't surprise me in the least.

They have a typo in their heading... this:

Kamloops Fire Rescue is sharing video of a fire and explosion that rocked North Kamloops in the spring of 2021 as a way of spreading awareness of the dangers of lithium batteries

should read this:

Kamloops Fire Rescue is sharing video of a fire and explosion that rocked North Kamloops in the spring of 2021 as a way of spreading awareness of the dangers of idiots who don't know how to store their lithium batteries (and other flammable/explosive products).

Lithium batteries don't kill people, postal workers do.

Here's the original video:

Nothing different than the one shown in the repost, but it's reprocessed, and this is a tiny bit clearer.
Thanks for that, notice the heading in that one shows what was really going on...."charging", lith's dont just jump out and blow you up for no reason, they're not the "assault weapon/AR-15" of the battery world. ?

After that video my first thought was I’m going to have to go with a lot larger wire than I had planned for my shed the current drop going to be hell at 200 yards

After that video my first thought was I’m going to have to go with a lot larger wire than I had planned for my shed the current drop going to be hell at 200 yards
Yup, good idea... I'm going to be using Tesla modules in my main build and am putting them in an outside shed, in the next county... i wonder how many parallel 4/0's I'll need to run at 48VDC to go 38 miles. LOL

Another thing that we saw more than once in BC were innocent little BBQ tanks kept in shipping containers, Heck, we're in BC, it doesn't get that warm....does it? Below video from the BC version of what we call here in America "Workers Compensation Dept" is from a left open cylinder explosion but in areas like AZ where I am now, the same can happen just from the heat in Summer, carefully evaluate what you store, with what else you store and how you store it.

Not far from Kamloops, in a small town called Enderby, gas from chainsaws caused an explosion that killed a firefighter, video below.

Last edited:
That guy was close enough and the steam whisping off his pants after the explosion proved there were more fire balls than the ones you mentioned, lucky boy right there...

The tank valve on propane tanks should always be turned off after each use. You don't want to trust the cheaply made Chinese burner valves on most of the cheaper BBQs to not leak.
Many commonly make the mistake of just turning off the BBQ burner valve as they do on their stoves and never turn off the tank.
Hindsight is 20/20

Well, to be fair, the probability of the propane tank leaking inside that fire was 100%, regardless of the position of the valve. :ROFLMAO:

Well, to be fair, the probability of the propane tank leaking inside that fire was 100%, regardless of the position of the valve. :ROFLMAO:
Propane tanks have relief valves so once they get hot, they will start venting.

This is not a battery 'end of life' issue I hope! I have these type batteries in my system. Does my shed need some re-enforcement.

Back