diy solar

diy solar

Shipping batteries myself?

lquerbach

I purchased 4 100ah LiFePo4 batteries (plus inverter, solar controller, etc.) from Renogy and had them shipped to my house for testing and configuration since they'll be installed on my sailboat in Central America. Now I'm trying to ship them to a freight forwarder in Florida for shipment to my boat and I'm kind of stuck on the hazmat shipping process. UPS and FedEx will ship them but it looks like I have to be hazmat certified to do so. Has anyone dealt with this? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Larry

A user just did that for me not too long ago, I'll go ping him.

He sent me some batteries via USPS and it was about twice what regular Priority Mail was but I don't know what other hoops he jumped through.

Yeah, real hard to fly them on planes, so everything has to go by ship. I suspect it's just a matter of filling out the form, paying the surcharge, and making sure the batteries are below shipping charge, which if they just got sent to you should be an easy check-box, they're already there.

Last edited:
A user just did that for me not too long ago, I'll go ping him.

He sent me some batteries via USPS and it was about twice what regular Priority Mail was but I don't know what other hoops he jumped through.

Yeah, real hard to fly them on planes, so everything has to go by ship. I suspect it's just a matter of filling out the form, paying the surcharge, and making sure the batteries are below shipping charge, which if they just got sent to you should be an easy check-box, they're already there.
Thanks and please let me know what you find out!

Back