diy solar

diy solar

Should I Put This System In My Ford Transit Connect 250 ?

RathOfCon

Hello,
I'm in need of solar generated power for my small van. I will probably power only a small tv, 12 volt fridge, led lights, coffee maker, 2 cell phones, laptop, and a maxair 7500 deluxe fan. Should I install a all in one Mpp Solar, 12V 1KW system? Will the fan be too noisey?

Thank You

1KW may not be enough for the coffee maker (check inverter specs), they don't run long, but are power hogs for the few minutes they do run for. Also on the 12 volt fridge, get a compressor style, NOT a peltier type (they are also power hogs compared to a compressor type). Use as much 12 volts stuff as possible to avoid using the inverter, and turn the inverter off when not in use (they use significant power just idling).

calculate/estimate the watts used in 24hr.
fridge, water pump, lighs etc then double it for lead acid for AH needed. for lifepo4 i would stilll add 25-50% for error or heavy useage.
then work on how much solar you need to meet the daily requirements in 6hr of daylight.

i suspect around 400watt of solar is probably sufficient, &60- 100ah lifep04 battery.

use an aeropress for coffee. no volts needed

diy solar

diy solar
Back