diy solar

diy solar

Shout out to the Victron Solar Irradiance widget!

ScropusGobbleBottom

Corn Pop was a bad dude.
I have been using Victron VRM for a couple years now with my raspberry Pi.
A couple months ago I added the solar irradience widget to my advanced view. Supposedly it utilizes AI for its forecast.

I have found this incredibly useful in determining how far I care to drain my batteries overnight.
It gives me piece of mind that I know how much I can expect for tomorrows harvest.
If you never knew it existed, give it a try!Opera Snapshot_2024-06-13_192812_vrm.victronenergy.com.png

Last edited:
I have been using Victron VRM for a couple years now with my raspberry Pi.
A couple months ago I added the solar irradience widget to my advanced view. Supposedly it utilizes AI for its forecast.

I have found this incredibly useful in determining how far I care to drain my batteries overnight.
It gives me piece of mind that I know how much I can expect for tomorrows harvest.
If you never knew it existed, give it a try!View attachment 221985
Throw in some extra logic/smarts, two way communication with the inverter and have it adjust battery draw down level for the night based on the next days forecast. Can't believe that doesn't already exist somewhere...

Throw in some extra logic/smarts, two way communication with the inverter and have it adjust battery draw down level for the night based on the next days forecast. Can't believe that doesn't already exist somewhere...
The Victrons support dynamic ESS in many supported countries, seems like it should be possible using node red and Venus os to take solar forecast into account if it isn't already.

diy solar

diy solar
Back