diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar You Need to remove the Warranty Registration Requirement, it's illegal.

robby

Photon Vampire
I am letting you guys know that I have researched it and it is illegal to require buyers to fill out online Warranty Forms within one year or else they no longer have a Warranty.

From Signature Solar Website:

SS_Warranty.png

THIS IS THE FEDERAL LAW ON THE SUBJECT:

CFR 700.7 (Code of Federal Regulations (Link))

Legal.png

All a consumer needs is there receipt.
If you continue to use the online registration the Law Requires that you inform customers that the Registration will not effect their warranty rights.

You're referring to US law, I assume.
Sounds like a good consumer protection law. I wonder what other countries have it.

You're referring to US law, I assume.
Sounds like a good consumer protection law. I wonder what other countries have it.
It's almost a certainty that the EU also has it. There laws are much more aggressive against companies and fraud.

And the @robby endless vendetta against Signature Solar continues.

Now giving free legal advice.

It’s been going on for years now.

Sigh…………
I have been questioning this practice from day one as no one else does it and from everything I am reading it says that it is not legal.
You and others seek to put a muzzle on anyone that questions Signature Solar's activities.

Last edited:
If it is a limited Warranty then they have not specified what are the limitations. Are the Cells Warrantied, is the BMS warrantied. Is labor included in the warranty service. According to them YES! Their warranty is worded as a full warranty. Send back the battery within 10 years and we will replace or repair it. I see no other stipulations. Prorating the warranty does not make it Limited.

I know nothing about lawyering, but I just received two EG4 LL2s from SS and would not have known I needed to register if I hadn't seen this thread. After double checking, it is in the manual, but not many people read the manual from cover to cover. IMO if they have this requirement, they should put a flyer in the box that you can't miss about it.

I know nothing about lawyering, but I just received two EG4 LL2s from SS and would not have known I needed to register if I hadn't seen this thread. After double checking, it is in the manual, but not many people read the manual from cover to cover. IMO if they have this requirement, they should put a flyer in the box that you can't miss about it.
I have a thread about it that I bump every 3-4 months to remind people.

Have you registered your Eg4 batteries

I got a bit sick of this non sense when @jimbo56k posted that he just missed the thread by 5 days and now has a rack of batteries with no warranty.
This kind of thing is not right.

I have a thread about it that I bump every 3-4 months to remind people.

Have you registered your Eg4 batteries

I got a bit sick of this non sense when @jimbo56k posted that he just missed the thread by 5 days and now has a rack of batteries with no warranty.
This kind of thing is not right.
Wait a minute. So since he didn't send in some registration card he doesn't have the 10 year warranty on the batteries now?

Well if this is true this set my permanent shopping choices regarding them. I was about to order 10 of their solar panel racks now that I decided to use the Renogy panels.

Just noticed this post in that thread from current connected about how they register sok's for you and this :

EDIT: Also, I noticed EG4's warranty has a pro-rating clause. The SOK warranty does not have any pro-rating. Either the product works for 10+ years or it doesn't. Simple as that.

Wait a minute. So since he didn't send in some registration card he doesn't have the 10 year warranty on the batteries now?

Well if this is true this set my permanent shopping choices regarding them. I was about to order 10 of their solar panel racks now that I decided to use the Renogy panels.
Well according to their Warranty stipulation which I posted above, they are no longer obligated to honor the warranty if you do not register in the first year. So yeah, if it was legal he would be in limbo as far as warranty status.

The wife scares me sometimes. I'm not into building things and she wasn't happy that I had decided to do the panel racks ss sells since she wanted to build the racks from wood. After I mentioned this thread just now she has the evilest grin on her face before walking out of the computer room.....

The wife scares me sometimes. I'm not into building things and she wasn't happy that I had decided to do the panel racks ss sells since she wanted to build the racks from wood. After I mentioned this thread just now she has the evilest grin on her face before walking out of the computer room.....
My wife is the same in many ways lol.
It's actually no big deal if Signature Solar removes the stipulation. I was letting them know that from everything I am reading it's not legal.

I am letting you guys know that I have researched it and it is illegal to require buyers to fill out online Warranty Forms within one year or else they no longer have a Warranty.

From Signature Solar Website:

View attachment 159677

THIS IS THE FEDERAL LAW ON THE SUBJECT:

CFR 700.7 (Code of Federal Regulations (Link))

View attachment 159679

All a consumer needs is there receipt.
If you continue to use the online registration the Law Requires that you inform customers that the Registration will not effect their warranty rights.
I thought you posted this last month.

Edit: I see it was a similar topic.

Last edited:
Just noticed this post in that thread from current connected about how they register sok's for you and this
I believe warranties should be simple and straightforward. Either the product works or it doesn't. If it doesn't work, then the company should take care of the customer and make it right without being a legal expert! The customer should not have to pay a dime if you sell them a shitty product and you shouldn't offer such a warranty if the product won't last...if the world was built to last like it used to be, it would be a better place.

It's crazy to see how "throwaway culture" the "renewable energy" industry has become.

Just noticed this post in that thread from current connected about how they register sok's for you and this :

EDIT: Also, I noticed EG4's warranty has a pro-rating clause. The SOK warranty does not have any pro-rating. Either the product works for 10+ years or it doesn't. Simple as that.
I've never seen a battery warranty that was not pro-rated, since the "Die Hard" days of the 70's. "It's the last battery your car will ever need" or some such drivel. To think otherwise is rather obtuse.

I believe warranties should be simple and straightforward. Either the product works or it doesn't. If it doesn't work, then the company should take care of the customer and make it right without being a legal expert! The customer should not have to pay a dime if you sell them a shitty product and you shouldn't offer such a warranty if the product won't last...if the world was built to last like it used to be, it would be a better place.

It's crazy to see how "throwaway culture" the "renewable energy" industry has become.
I love warranties, I think they are great. If I actually have to use it then your product or quality control was lousy and you cost me money.

Back