diy solar

diy solar

Have You Registered Your EG4 Battery Warranty?

robby

Photon Vampire
Last edited:
Guess I don’t have a warranty on my 2 year old EG4 but with shipping costs I’m not sure I would ever use it.

Guess I don’t have a warranty on my 2 year old EG4 but with shipping costs I’m not sure I would ever use it.
You did not see the 1 year clause? It almost escaped me, luckily I was able to register before the time expired.
I agree, between the expensive two way shipping and the unknowns of what you might get back in return it almost feels like a waste of time.
But I wanted to keep my options open.

For CurrentConnected, SOK Server racks & other SOK batteries sold by us, they are registered when you order it. Just mention your order number, and if you can't find that we'll look it up by name. Our database has countless backups in multiple locations, and the customer is emailed proof of purchase automatically, so there is no reason not to be able to find it one way or another.

If for some reason you didn't order from CurrentConnected directly, then follow up with your installer/place of purchase that sold them to you. We stand behind what we sell and don't play games with fine print.

EDIT: Also, I noticed EG4's warranty has a pro-rating clause. The SOK warranty does not have any pro-rating. Either the product works for 10+ years or it doesn't. Simple as that.

Last edited:
I never bother with that stuff.

I find I use any warranty much less than once a decade. Electronics warranties even less.
Seeing what I am seeing your odds of getting 5 and 10 years out of these batteries is probably 50/50.
That makes registering worthwhile IMHO.
I already have 3 wonky cells in my Eg4LL and it is less than a year old. What are the odds those Cells will last another 9 Years?

What are the odds those Cells will last another 9 Years?

I’m not saying they will. I’m saying you won’t find the warranty to be worth the trouble by then.

Hopefully we will have a new 10 kWh battery by then that weighs 5 pounds and costs $100. ?

Meanwhile, my oldest Bioenno LiFePO4 battery is 8 years old and still working has most of its capacity despite being poorly treated.

It spent a few years mostly stored fully charged in warm temperatures before I knew better etc.

Only time will tell if either of us is being too optimistic or pessimistic.

I’m not saying they will. I’m saying you won’t find the warranty to be worth the trouble by then.
Maybe or maybe not but it's best to spend 5 minutes to keep an option open rather than let it expire. If the battery fails next year I will most certainly be expecting a replacement.
Hopefully we will have a new 10 kWh battery by then that weighs 5 pounds and costs $100. ?
Yes I have thought about that but it would not mean much in the grand scheme of my own personal sysytem. I plan on using the batteries until they are no longer holding suffiecient charge. A KWh is a KWh no matter if it comes from a 100lb battery or 5lb battery.
Only time will tell if either of us is being too optimistic or pessimistic.
My whole thing is just don't close off your options because you are unwilling to take 5 minutes to fill out a Webpage. This is nearly a $2000 Investment and 5 minutes means nothing.

My whole thing is just don't close off your options because you are unwilling to take 5 minutes to fill out a Webpage.

That ship has sailed.

I don’t have a warranty and it doesn’t bother me so please don’t let it bother you.

And thankfully my 2 year old GYLL battery doesn’t have any wonky cells……. Yet

Last edited:
Still waiting on my system to be delivered. But where you register the inverter to get the 5 year warranty. Thanks

One of the list of reasons I will not buy from them. Sorta like the Enphase warranty requiring continuous connection to the internet. dse

Only justifiable reason I can see for it is a software development, life of product type issue. If they discover a bug that needs to be updated, or a recall type situation, and they can't contact you to do their best to fix it (on their own dime), then it makes it hard to guarantee it for 5+ years or whatnot.

The problem comes with complicated products being released into the wild. They can't test for everything, and crap happens. How much of this is the consumers problem though? I don't know, it's a complicated issue.

Still waiting on my system to be delivered. But where you register the inverter to get the 5 year warranty. Thanks
look under the Inverter on SS website and you should see a link.

I seen the links for the batteries. Might be a mobile issue . Thanks
Yes it seems like the Inverters don't have the same policy. I wonder why the batteries are treated differently?
I also love the review section they added ? seems like everything gets a 5 Star review :ROFLMAO:

Back