diy solar

diy solar

Have You Registered Your EG4 Battery Warranty?

Bumped as a reminder.
you make a good point about warranties… im Not an lawyer for sure ,but there’s is a lot more to this topic than most people know or are discussing here.
I remember that this registration issue was found by the courts not to be legal in most places on most products. the company I worked for then was affected and we had to change our policy. A lot of The company’s were using this requirment to escape having to service products and the courts held you could not conditionalize a warranty in that way… your proof of purchase was all that was needed in most cases.
The governing law on this stuff could fill up a book , but your state of residence is important to check with if your really concerned. A company can write anything they want on some card and give it to you but that does not mean it’s legal or can affect your rights where you live.. I know that for sure…I have seen it happen…each company can be good or tough to work with depending on the owners, but some things are law …….( in America ,anyway) .

I further know some STATES have much stiffer rules on company’s and warranties than others (that’s true for sure) ..it was the result of some lawsuits brought in behalf of consumers who were getting jerked around with fine print by a lot of companies stating consumers had to do this or that in a certain time frame to get coverage Knowing most people would not and basically it wound up in court.The company’s lost the case …

it’s been along time since I followed this issue ,I took notice as I was in the musical retail business at that time and dealt with different companies and warranties.
Now ,it may not be the same , it may have been modified, it may depend on what you bought and what you use it for……I don’t know…one has to check to know for sure…
perhaps for the people worried about warranties ,they should google this topic and research it..
I know it’s not as simple as most people think and consumers have more rights than they know generally speaking..
i just hope nothing I like breaks down .. it bums me out to ship stuff back…or throw it away.
that’s all I remember , good luck …
jim.

This type of stuff shouldn't even be legal.
It is actually not legal, really. Google "Magnuson-Moss Act", Federal Law which prohibits such. Lot of states have stricter laws as well.

Regardless the warranty is prorated, which makes it almost worthless in the later years, when you have to endure the cost of shipping the battery back.

Last edited:
I never get extended warranties, if a piece of equipment is going to last it will if not, hopefully by the time it goes there will be better and possibly more economical choices. I guess I have been lucky because electronics and tools have lasted a long time with no issues. Keep my fingers crossed! Edited: It is your choice of course and this is my personal opinion, in over 40 years of working in the maintenance fields I never had a piece of equipment fail unless it was defective, straight from the factory, or something out of the ordinary happened other than normal wear and tear, such as improper use, or neglect, or someting of that nature, but yeah sometimes you don't have control of the situation such as natural causes. Cheers!

Last edited:
I never get warranties, if a piece of equipment is going to last it will if not, hopefully by the time it goes there will be better and possibly more economical choices. I guess I have been lucky because electronics and tools have lasted a long time with no issues. Keep my fingers crossed!
When it comes this kind of equipment I would definitely get the warranty coverage. This kind of equipment is not like a tool or a TV. It is on 24/7 and having to deal with a lot of stress.

I know with my other battery company if the BMS burns out all I have to do is show them the problem and they will ship me a new BMS. I am pretty certain they will ship out any part that fails so long as I just show them that it has failed.

With SS I am pretty confident that I will get zero warranty coverage but I filled it out anyway. I am hoping that the owner realizes at some point that he needs to get his customer service act together.

When it comes this kind of equipment I would definitely get the warranty coverage. This kind of equipment is not like a tool or a TV. It is on 24/7 and having to deal with a lot of stress.

I know with my other battery company if the BMS burns out all I have to do is show them the problem and they will ship me a new BMS. I am pretty certain they will ship out any part that fails so long as I just show them that it has failed.

With SS I am pretty confident that I will get zero warranty coverage but I filled it out anyway. I am hoping that the owner realizes at some point that he needs to get his customer service act together.
You are correct on this . I had a Huges 50 amp Power Watchdog SPD hooked to my RV For 4 years at my land …(Great product and company) about 300 bucks back then.. I had to move the RV and the supply shed where it hooked up to power the RV to the grid.
The power company didn’t tell me they were removing service and went and killed the power at the pole while I was hooked up.. and under load.. next thing I knew the SPD was totally dead.. not sure what happened ..!
I called the company and told them what happened.. i happened to get the owner when I called and after some questions he said I will send you a new on.. and after I got it for me to return the old one in the box he was sending prepaid frieght… Zero cost to me.
I never registered anything, I didn’t have to show proof of purchase or even a date of purchase..he just took my word…
got my new one and it has worked perfect for 5 years now… it has clamped down on several strong surges from the utility company and at least 2 lighting strikes nearby that killed equipment in my shed but never hurt anything in the RV which the SPD protects
many times a company’s warranty is far better than what they print out..
being able to easely communicate well with each other helps too.
buying from an American company when you can also helps ( as I have said many times here)
I have had this happen many times with several products through the years.
A prorated warranty is what they will use to limit liability from people who are trying to work them over many times..
it all depends on who your dealing with and how you present your case…
there are still some good companies left out there…when you find em , support em..
Jim.

Thanks Robby. I just went online and Registered my 2 LL V2’s. However, I have sent SS an email specifically asking whether Registration is required of my EG4 6000EX, and how that is supposed to be done when no link seems to be provided. I will follow up if/when I hear back.

Thanks Robby. I just went online and Registered my 2 LL V2’s. However, I have sent SS an email specifically asking whether Registration is required of my EG4 6000EX, and how that is supposed to be done when no link seems to be provided. I will follow up if/when I hear back.
Any response to your email?

It is just the kind of move I have come to expect from that company.
I would bet 75% of owners never register and they therefore have no warranty, I am betting SS are banking on that happening, that is why they put the clause in there.
You get a five year warranty on American Standard parts, if you don’t register, 10 years if you do. It’s definitely worth the 5 minutes registering the equipment. Many of my customers are informed but forget to. When the compressor goes out at year nine, they’ll wish they had the warranty. I think these manufacturers are counting on people forgetting or the installer not telling their customers, which happens a lot. They may also use these names and addresses for marketing data or if there is a recall.

Just registered all 4of my LiFePower4 batteries. Almost let too much time go by as the 17 of this month marked the one year anniversary for the earlier pair.

Just registered all 4of my LiFePower4 batteries. Almost let too much time go by as the 17 of this month marked the one year anniversary for the earlier pair.
Does anyone know if you can get your serial numbers from the BMS software? I didn't want to have to remove the batteries from the rack.

Back