diy solar

diy solar

Silicate Salt Batteries

EOG

Hi guys, I purchased a 22kwh battery bank from watts247 and they've been great to work with. The one thing I can't seem to find or get an answer on is a voltage to SOC chart.

These are the batteries: https://watts247.com/product/14-4kw...ve-built-for-the-military-6-to-15yr-lifespan/

I'm using solar assistant which is also great but they claim in order to work accurately we need the voltage to SOC values. Its a 48v battery bank but 12v values would be fine, too. Anyone know where I can find that info?

Thanks so much!

Seems to me with the information on that web page you could make your own pretty easily if you know what the high and low voltages are just by running a load and charting it.

I don't really get this chart from the webage you posted. Ok Now I do, the curves start off lower for a one hour discharge cause the load is bigger and pulls the voltage down from the start.

So the cell low or discharged is about 1.68 volts so thats 0% and 2.16 is 100% my best guess.

2.16 minus 1.68 = 0.48

2.16 x 24 cells = 51.84 volts is a full charge

1.68 x 24 = 40.32 volts is discharged

A difference of 11.52

A good quick way might be just figure each volt down from the top of 51.84 is a little over 10%

Lets see what others on the forum have to say. I think so but I am not sure.

1663227103029.png

Thanks for the feedback on these. I was interested in these but for cost and a few other personal choices, I bought 4 200 Ah NorthStar Blue+ AGM style batteries. I am sensitive to losing my battery investment due to poor cycling. My implementation is an LVX6048 (low load) with grid backup. (United States)
Running a garage and another outbuilding.

Back