diy solar

diy solar

single phase inverter to provide power to my home

joaa

Allow me to clarify this sketch line schematic pv electricity wiring a little further.

In my country, I have two sources of alternating current: a private generator (3-phase system) and a single-phase grid subscription.

I'm installing a single phase inverter to provide power to my home, but the connection coming from the ATS is a three phase electrical cable, therefore we picked the phase with the least load and linked it to the inverter to charge the batteries if AC is present. However, the technician made a mistake and assigned the priority to the solar system rather than the generator.

What is happening is that the AC in breaker is shutting down; could someone please explain why, when we prioritize the ATS to solar and switch on the generator when there is solar, the AC in breaker shuts down?

Last edited:
So, is the generator single phase? Do the voltage and frequencies of the grid and generator match fairly closely?

What is the make/model of the transfer switch?

So, is the generator single phase? Do the voltage and frequencies of the grid and generator match fairly closely?

What is the make/model of the transfer switch?
No, the generator is three-phase, thus we link one phase to the inverter's aux 1; this wiring is only for charging the batteries.

And the inverter is connected to Lx and neutral?
What type of breaker is tripping?

Yes, the inverter's auxiliary is connected to an one phase and neutral simply for charging the batteries.

The ac in breaker.

Someone told me that if the ATS in yellow is prioritized on the solar and the generator runs, it will break down the generator since only one phase of the three-phase generator would be operational.
And the inverter is connected to Lx and neutral?
What type of breaker is tripping?

Inverter model?
How is it wired? (Ac and DC)
How is it grounded? (AC and DC)
Type of batteries?
A wiring diagram or pictures would help.
The 1-line drawing above is too blurry for me to read anything.

Last edited:
Back