diy solar

diy solar

SMA "Zero-Feed" - low "self-consumption"

miahallen

I have a 180KW installation I recently completed for a local food processing plant. The system consists of the following:
  • 450pcs - 400W monocrystalline panels wired in strings of 15, 10 strings per inverter, 2 strings in parallel per MPPT....only 5 MPPTs of the 6 are being used
  • 3pcs - SMA 62.5KW Core1 inverters
  • 400KVA 480V >>> 220V 3phase step down transformer
  • SMA Data Manager for Inverter control & Monitoring
  • Elkor WattsOn Mark II Meter for Zero-Feed monitoring & control (https://www.elkor.net/product/WattsOn-Mark_II), CT's are connected at service entrance, just after the PUC supply transformer.
  • All facility loads are 220V, phases are not well balanced....
array.jpg

For the first few weeks of operations, everything was working as intended & expected. However, we shut down on the 8th to install some backordered PV disconnect switches. When we powered back up, everything seemed normal, no errors or other anomalies. However, since that day, in the SMA portal, we can see that of the energy produced, the system reports much of it is not being used:

self-cunsumption (1).JPG

However, when I look at the daily or weekly view, it is not reflected on the graph, but it is still showing in the numbers below the graph:

self-cunsumption (2).JPG

When I check Analysis Pro and view the reactive power & power limitations settings, everything appears to be working properly (this was a Sunday when we have the largest amount of unused power):

self-cunsumption (3).JPG

Why is the "energy balance" display suddenly showing such a low level of self-consumption?

Back