diy solar

diy solar

Smaller (300-500W) 12V inverter recommendations?

Grimmster

Doesn't seem to be a lot of choices besides ultra cheap junk. Victron has plenty of models, like a 500VA for about $165.

The smallest Renogy I've seen is 700W. Will probably just get a Victron instead of trying to save $50 or $80.

Last edited:
What are you needing to power? With 12V, I like to go 1kW minimum, so it is more useful.

What are you needing to power? With 12V, I like to go 1kW minimum, so it is more useful.

Just small loads around the house, mostly for outages. I will be building a larger system as well, but anything more than about 400W I may as well go to 2000-3000W so that I can power microwaves and such. There really isn't much, if anything I need to power that falls in the range of 400-1000W, roughly. I suppose the coffee maker and window AC. I think I'm really just looking for an excuse to buy more Victron gear :)

Doesn't seem to be a lot of choices besides ultra cheap junk. Victron has plenty of models, like a 500VA for about $165.

The smallest Renogy I've seen is 700W. Will probably just get a Victron instead of trying to save $50 or $80.
Just sold a Renogy to buy a Victron 12/1200. It powers our full size regular fridge no problem. I’ll impressed. Could probably go down to the 500 or 800, but there’s little to gain in terms of lower idle consumption. But it can’t use eco mode with this fridge because it has electronic vs mechanical controls.

Back