diy solar

diy solar

So why buy an additional balancer if active balancing is part of bms? This turned into waste of time

"Only then come back here and rant about inaccuracy of the Victron shunt."

Failure to take the above advice will lead to user caused inaccuracy. You can not expect SOC to be accurate until you have all cells top balanced.

AND you have told the shunt when to sync.

Do you need me to draw it out with crayons on how to solve the problem? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO:

I already gave it to you, you need to monitor the cell voltages and when top cell hits 3.5V, you have to turn off the charger and let the active balancer work.

Only after the active balancer is done, then you start charging again and keep repeating the process.

If that is too complicated (can't RTFM :ROFLMAO: ), then you put all cells in parallel and charge with a power supply to 3.6V to 3.65V. That is the old way before active balancers became available. It is tried and true, I did it on all 64 cells in my house, 16 in parallel at a crack, and the 24V pack in my camper.

"Only then come back here and rant about inaccuracy of the Victron shunt."

Failure to take the above advice will lead to user caused inaccuracy. You can not expect SOC to be accurate until you have all cells top balanced.

Do you need me to draw it out with crayons on how to solve the problem? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

😁

Can you do a nice crayon video to show me so that I will never ever watch it. 😁🫧 Sunny can watch it….him likes videos.

Meet sunny the runner. Scold him with your mad crayon skills. 😁🌤️ can you stick your tongue on the 3.2v terminals to test it for 3.5v like a 9volt if it tingles it is ~3.5v. Try it.
IMG_6893.jpeg

Me gotta jail house break these old bad cells to put the tool on them. Then the Jake of bms with 2a balancer. My cells have seen the balance of BarracudaBob.
Meet the tool of destiny. Mo money.
The ultimate bad cell reformer. They will comply. Resistance is futile.

That will have to wait.

IMG_6899.jpeg

Did I mention mE victron shunt SOC has a serious drift?

IMG_7364.jpeg

I was like no way dude. SOC drifts most accurate of accurate is just a guess estimation. Now load it up with current and check with clamp just as it should be. The wonky starts when no current is seen after a while which is Victron Crayon known and stated even state more wonky wonk longer it goes. Idle your system just batteries and the shunt on for a report . Come back in 15 days and talk bout it. Until then hush. Whoop whoop.. btw if go turn my garage light on but it don’t workie and report defect will you run turn your garage light on and it workie say nope nope no. 👀😁 1720543023313.png

Can you and your crayons make another video that I will never ever watch about the “victron puke it” Does temperature play a factor with “puke it”? Does “puke it” consider aged degraded batteries? Cover these in your video that I will never ever watch. . Let’s go pull the old folk out of retirement homes put them back to word and You can NEVER RETIRE unless die. 80% now take 3 handfuls of meds to live longer. I’m going to work these batteries over I tell you. Hahaha
I stopped going to the gyms when they put in all the mirrors….then youtube came along for them to stand in front of. When am done my batteries will flex in the mirror more then work out. Might even youtube channel them …they are blue…so there would be instant acceptance. More youtube up votes then 2020. Work hard for money Jane Fonda videos will have nothing on my cell work outs. Your cells are jealous .
Time….I smh when things like Peukert is called Law. I frown on things called Law when they are sounded as absolute but yet they are in reality not.

Stick right foot in shake it all about …. hokey pokey. 😁

My cell balancer - hotter than hot. …. 1 big resistor problem is getting it to stay on …. darn thermostat. Works better when cool out. 😁 charge bit ….. heat a bit smile. Balancer board herder or heater? Do electrons go left to right or right to left why do negative dc coupled slip rings almost always wear more negative vs deemed positive. Do a crayon video on that to - one to which I will never watch. 😁 Now excuse me as I must sing the theme song to my cells from the show the Lion King. ‘’ Feel the love “ back to work used cells . 😁 see you in 15 days…don’t say nothing else on forums until you do. Back at cha.

Honestly most thingS on these forums bore me to tears.
IMG_7368.jpeg

New 280ah battery is playing well with each other for cells balancing with JK BMS 2a balancer. It got little screwy yesterday added another solar panel string to get current up. Re-top balanced last night waited 1 hour turned on cell JK BMS 2a balancer … got up this morning to perfectly balanced cells. Flipped on solar charging.. I’m good with it now. In process of still doing old 12v packs for top balancing them and intend to reassemble 48v nominal pack with jk bms 2a balancer. It is taking lot of time with those old 12v pack cells. Stopped and put this new pack together so would have power for incoming storms - expected grid down.

Below are results for new 48v nominal 280ah ~14.3k battery build. Balancer was bms turned on for few minutes during float….bms turned it off cells below 0.010+ which is my set point.

IMG_7478.jpeg

IMG_7481.jpeg

IMG_7483.jpeg

IMG_7423.jpeg

The EBC-A40 Top balanced 3.6 volt 20amp….got nice curves for these new 280ah cells from jenny wu.
IMG_6898.jpeg

I basically assembled the batteries charged them with MPP Solar 3048 ~8+ hours Then shut down wait few hours - top balanced. I re-top balanced again yesterday ….I think the additional string of panels resolved weird effect on 3048 solar charging. Results speak for itself. The jk bms 2a balancer combo are working as intended with new battery build.

diy solar

diy solar
Back