diy solar

diy solar

Social distancing for solar panels

Skysthelimit

The solar ground mount is up and we're just about ready to place the 32 panels in 4 rows of 8, but I can't find any documentation that spells out the proper spacing between each panel on the E. and W. sides. The N. to S. sides have bolts that fit between the panels and when tightened down they physically clamp the panels down onto the rails so that creates about 3/8" of a gap on the N. and S. sides, but what about the E. and W. sides? The panel manufacturer, Renesolar, doesn't give that info. and neither does Iron Ridge. Any help would be much appreciated.

I would have the same basic gap around all sides. The gaps provide airflow. This helps with cooling and with load. The gaps also deal with panel expansion.

The installation guide for my brand of panels specifically states at least 10mm (3/8") around all sides of the panels.

I would have the same basic gap around all sides. The gaps provide airflow. This helps with cooling and with load. The gaps also deal with panel expansion.

The installation guide for my brand of panels specifically states at least 10mm (3/8") around all sides of the panels.
Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it. I think I’ll call signature solar to see if they have any input as well.

Back