diy solar

diy solar

Software to monitor my batteries wirelessly and display data in the house?

roogadae

I have 3 EG4 batteries and the 6500-watt inverter from EG4. I monitor everything with the Watchpower app.

When I'm away I rent out my house and tell guests how to turn the generator on if the system kicks off.

I'd like a way to show guests the battery percentage inside the house without me having to monitor it and report back. Just a simple screen in the house with the percentage (see example below) so they know if they can run the air conditioning/heating or not.

Something like what's below, except without cords since my batteries are a long way from my house.

I've thought about Raspberry Pi4 + Solar Assistant App + buying an Android device that continually shows the Solar Assistant app's data. Just wondering if there's anything simpler.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 4.46.37 PM.png

I've been using a bluetooth Won Von 600a smart shunt for over a year along with a cheap android tablet for wireless monitoring. Solar Assistant has become my primary (using the same tablet).
If the bluetooth range is to far you could consider a victron shunt and the other goodies needed for Wi-Fi monitoring but for that money I'd just go with SA.
Regardless a reliable accurate shunt is a great item to have in your system.

Back