diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 12k and 48v Storz batteries?

Offgridd

Just curious if anyone has built out a 48v system from Storz? If so, what was the cost for the inverter/battery package itself? There is very little information or reviews on this.

The 48v package is their "AI+50A" package, it comes with one 12kw Sol-Ark inverter and two Storz LFP Batteries (10.24 kWh). I am 100% off-grid and already have existing solar panels from my old system (8 x 305w panels) in place plus the electrical panel/switch needed.

Any feedback on your experience/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Storz-Power-AI-Package-Images_website-compare_2022.6.29_AI50A.jpg

I have no idea about Storz batteries but three things do jump out at me.

1) The size of the battery for a 5KW battery is big and that makes me suspicious that the cells are the older LiFePo4 cells as the newer ones are smaller.

2) The 15 Year warranty and 8000 Cycles is just about impossible. They might as well said Lifetime and Unlimited because I think they are banking on not being around when these start to fail.

3) They claim to have three UL certificates but when I click the link I am taken UL page for applying for certification.

4) This video (Watch on Youtube). There is a comment underneath from an Installer asking for help because the battery is shutting down and after six months she has still not gotten it fixed and has given up.

Personally I would just buy the Sol-Ark 12K from EcoDirect and get some SOK 48V batteries from Current Connected.

Here is Wills Affiliate link for the batteries: https://www.currentconnected.com/product/sk48v100/?ref=wp

I have no idea about Storz batteries but three things do jump out at me.

1) The size of the battery for a 5KW battery is big and that makes me suspicious that the cells are the older LiFePo4 cells as the newer ones are smaller.

2) The 15 Year warranty and 8000 Cycles is just about impossible. They might as well said Lifetime and Unlimited because I think they are banking on not being around when these start to fail.

3) They claim to have three UL certificates but when I click the link I am taken UL page for applying for certification.

4) This video (Watch on Youtube). There is a comment underneath from an Installer asking for help because the battery is shutting down and after six months she has still not gotten it fixed and has given up.

Personally I would just buy the Sol-Ark 12K from EcoDirect and get some SOK 48V batteries from Current Connected.

Here is Wills Affiliate link for the batteries: https://www.currentconnected.com/product/sk48v100/?ref=wp
Thanks Robby!

Back