diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 12K short review

JamesW

Short review for

Sol-Ark 12K EMP hardened
12.8K Rich Solar PV
50KWH SOK batteries

Just passed the 2 megawatt generated milestone. The performance has been flawless and only a few issues/suggestions.

Concerning the design: I'm not crazy about the input terminals for the PV. I would much rather have solid, screw-down terminals.

Concerning the components: Have a broken plastic knob on the PV disconnect. Will have to buy (build?) a new one. Initial inquires about the part have met with .... silence. Not happy.

Concerning the overall system: Wish I had gone for the 15K Sol-Arc. Trying to make the place livable for elderly family and keep adding loads. Except for adding more battery storage, this single 12K system is maxed out. I won't add more batteries until I have extra BMS units for all batteries.

I have to add, it's amazing to see the battery bank recharge in several hours of bright sun. The pack was 98 percent recharged by 11 am this morning. I'll have to get in the rhythm of storing more power when the sun shines (hot water, etc) and timing heavy loads (heatpump water heater, dishwasher, washer, dryer, etc) for high radiance. The ladies in the house have been instructed to look for blue sky/full sun to heavily load the system......

Hope this is useful for someone ......

Last edited:
You can just expand by adding another 12K in parallel to the one you have.
Doubles your max load to 24kW.
No problems. They are made for this type of expansion.
Just remember to run the same version firmware on both.
Also, both needs to be connected to the same common battery bank.

Back