diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 12K Inverter ?

luisenriquereyes

Cost is high at $6,750 but what do you think of all the features for the Sol-Ark 12K ? Are there any others that compare currently available or soon will be available?

1.png

Last edited:
Sweet! And they finally have a parallel capability!
One of the nice things about their design is they support CA21, but when they turn down the output to the grid it won't affect your home - excess power is always available.

$6750? That's not high... they have inverter, MPPT, and BOS all integrated.
For comparison, an Outback FlexPower Pre-Wired Radian, FPR-8048A w/ (2)FM100 is $7575.

Cost is high at $6,750 but what do you think of all the features for the Sol-Ark 12K ? Are there any others that compare currently available or soon will be available?
The Sol-Ark price is pretty much in line or lower in price with most Tier1 Inverters. As for competition, there is really no proven Inverter that can stack up against it in features and reliability. You could take your chances with the Luxpower 12K unit but that is an unknown quantity for the immediate future.

Last edited:
The Sol-Ark price is pretty much in line or lower in price with most Tier1 Inverters. As for competition, there is really no proven Inverter that can stack up against it in features and reliability. You could take your chances with the Luxpower 12K unit but that is an unknown quantity for the immediate future.
Looks like the new EG4 18KPV is the best competition now for the Sol-Ark:

Last edited:
EG4 18kpv is cheaper and better
Until I see as many successful installs as I have seen with SolArk I am of the opinion that the EG4 is not better. Just the SolArk user base on this Forum is priceless. I do agree it appears to be cheaper if not less expensive.

Until I see as many successful installs as I have seen with SolArk I am of the opinion that the EG4 is not better. Just the SolArk user base on this Forum is priceless. I do agree it appears to be cheaper if not less expensive.
For everything else, there's MasterCard ?

good question. different level, can’t compare because sol ark 12Kw just = Deye 8k.
EG4 18kpv = sol ark 15k = Deye 16k.
one thing is Sol ark mark up higher.

Last edited:
good question. different level, can’t compare because sol ark 12Kw just = Deye 8k.
EG4 18kpv = sol ark 15k = Deye 16k.
one thing is Sol ark mark up higher.
Sol Ark 15 != Deye 16K, you got your facts wrong. Check the specs. The Sol-Ark 15K will only output 12KW on the LOAD output (UPS/Battery), while the Deye is 16KW.

This my 16K OFF-GRID, the LOAD in this stress test were generated by the following.
1. L1 + L2 Level 2 EV charging on 240V
2. L1 120V Spacer Heater
3. L2 120V Heat gun
4. L2 120V Electric water kettle.

The LOAD #3 #4 on L2 are cause an imbalance between L1 & L2 were mitigated by the Autotransformer.

1686208452600.png

Deye 16K specs.

1686208960057.png

Sol-Ark 15 Specs
1686209115579.png

Yes, you are righ. So Sol ark 15k = Deye 12K . Sol Ark need change to Sol ark 12k, EG4 18kpv change to EG4 12k, like Luxpower Lxp 12k.
Sol ark next level ....will be Sol Ark 18k = Deye 16k.

Last edited:
Yes, you are righ. So Sol ark 15k = Deye 12K . Sol Ark need change to Sol ark 12k, EG4 18kpv change to EG4 12k, like Luxpower Lxp 12k.
Sol ark next level ....will be Sol Ark 18k = 16K
At least Deye has an honest product naming convention and not with a fancy slice of hand. An 8K is 8KW and a 16K is 16KW. No monkey business and no need to read the datasheet to figure out being short changed.

James is learning fast from his Plano TX neighbor with its 18K PV, Exclusive distribution and suppressing the availability US Split-phase version of the Lux power 12K from everyone's fav Alibaba & the 40 thieves stomping ground. ?

Last edited:
@robby wins this month's solar addict award for responding to a 3.5 year old posting ;):cool:
LOL yeah it came up during a search and I did not look at the date. Seems to still be fresh, even the OP is still posting to it.

Back