diy solar

diy solar

Waveform output from Sol-Ark Inverter (8k, 12k, 15k) - Stepped or Pure Sine Wave?

jmacdonald077

I have been looking through the Sol-Ark website but haven't found an answer to this question.

Does anyone know if the AC waveform output from the Sol-Ark (8k, 12k, 15k) is a stepped / modified sine wave, or is it a pure sine wave?

I have been looking through the Sol-Ark website but haven't found an answer to this question.

Does anyone know if the AC waveform output from the Sol-Ark (8k, 12k, 15k) is a stepped / modified sine wave, or is it a pure sine wave?
At the macro level, it is "pure". At the micro level, it is "stepped". Only a mechanical device can produce a "pure" sine wave. Electronic devices simulate it. The more "steps", the closer to "pure", and for all practical purposes, indistinguishable.

Current Connected @HighTechLab did a tear down of the Sol-Ark 5k on his YouTube channel and showed the waveform on there. He didn't say it was "absolutely perfect" but it was really nice.

Current Connected @HighTechLab did a tear down of the Sol-Ark 5k on his YouTube channel and showed the waveform on there. He didn't say it was "absolutely perfect" but it was really nice.
Ok, yeah i've seen a few of his videos. Did a quick look but the clip you are talking about must be buried in another video. Can you link to it?

Back