diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 15K Specs and Pricing Info.

robby

Photon Vampire
So i just got hold of the Spec sheet but I am not allowed to post it yet but I can talk about it.

Here are some of the basic Info, if you need something else just ask.

Max connected PV 17Kw
MPPT V 150-425V
Start Voltage 125V
Number of MPPT = 3
Max current per MPPT = 26A
Max PV power delivered to battery and AC outputs 15Kw
Continuous AC Power from PV to load 15Kw or 62.5A (240V)
Surge AC Power 10 Sec 24Kw
Idle consumption (No Load) = 90w

Battery Capacity 50-9900Ah
Continuous Charging Output Max 275A

Continuous AC Power with Grid or Generator 48Kw 200A L1-L2 and 24Kw L-N
Transfer time in Power Outage 5ms

Price $8,000
Price is not bad when you consider what two 8K units would cost you $12,000

Last edited:
Thanks for providing these specs. Price does seem pretty good.

On the existing 12k inverter, they publish a max inverter watts per leg of 4800w...

Did they happen to disclose what is the max inverter watts per leg on this 15k yet? Or the max imbalance per leg?

I'd be interested in knowing the inverter specs for the new unit if you have them.

Thanks for providing these specs. Price does seem pretty good.

On the existing 12k inverter, they publish a max inverter watts per leg of 4800w...
I think it's going to be 7500W and per leg with PV and a little over 6000W when running on battery.
Did they happen to disclose what is the max inverter watts per leg on this 15k yet? Or the max imbalance per leg?
Inverter imbalance is not a straight number. We can Thank David Poz for introducing this incorrect idea that you can label the imbalance cut off with a single number. If your asking what the Imbalance level will be if one Leg is held at 7500 or 7800W I have no idea yet. With my 12K Sol-Ark I can have 1Kw of loads on L1 and 4Kw of loads on L2 with no problem. It's all a relative number to how high you have one Leg and then how high you can go with the other Leg. It's only when the Inverter starts to hit it's limit on one Leg that it will start to distort the waveform and trip the Inverter at a low imbalance point.

Last edited:
I think it's going to be 7500W and change per leg with PV and 6000W and change running on battery.

Inverter imbalance is not a straight number. We can Thank David Poz for introducing this incorrect idea that you can label the imbalance cut off with a single number. If your asking what the Imbalance level will be if one Leg is held at 7500 or 7800W I have no idea yet. With my 12K Sol-Ark I can have 1Kw of loads on L1 and 4Kw of loads on L2 with no problem. It's all a relative number to how high you have one Leg and then how high you can go with the other Leg. It's only when the Inverter starts to hit it's limit on one Leg that it will start to distort the waveform and trip the Inverter at a low imbalance point.

Yeah I wasn't sure how it worked really, it was that David Poz video where he was talking about a fault code that could set or something based on imbalanced load, so it kind of made me wonder, is this some kind of important metric to know about, like where is this threshold before it could trigger that fault...

Thanks for clearing that up a bit, sometimes it's hard seeing through all the muck as you're trying to develop a clear picture of things...

Just talked to Sol-ark. They're saying June release date now. Still waiting on ULs.

Any idea what installer/distributor pricing is?

Last edited:
Any idea what installer pricing is?
Depends on installer. The price should not be all that different than a 12k. It’s less work on the AC side but more panels and more batteries can add a bit of extra cash.

Back