diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark / NEM woes

Hmmm,I also have an 8k, No CLP. ,Evault Max.Just got the system up n going,still messing with TOU settings,an hour here,an hour there.
Recently had a power outage and was quite disappointed system didn't switch to solar/batt.
Called Sol ark next day and got a bunch of mumble jumble (but their customer support is A+),basically saying the system is not designed to do that. Still working on this issue.
But I cannot understand how installing a CLP would fix this problem ?
Diagram of your installation.

But I cannot understand how installing a CLP would fix this problem ?
The critical or back up loads panel is the part of your house that retains power when there is an outage. Otherwise, everything goes down with the grid.
The SolArk can disconnect the critical load panel from the grid, this allows your inverter to safely power your CLP while also disconnecting from the grid for legal and safety reasons.

Hehehe
Excuse me for being a dummy!
Just could not understand why solar wasn't powering...something during a outage.
COMPLETELY forgot about the quote below
"The SolArk can disconnect the critical load panel from the grid, this allows your inverter to safely power your CLP while also disconnecting from the grid for legal and safety reasons."

MY PARTY FOUL

Back