diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant + Must inverter grid issue.

adolfotregosa

Chaps, Hi. Can someone help me out ?

I'm having trouble figuring this out. This is probably Inverter limitation but it should be correctable. I have a must inverter model PV1800 3K version and a victron bmv-712.
image.png

The issue is that the inverter does not take into account/measure grid wattage/energy used to charge the battery when "Charger source priority" is set to anything that uses grid to charge the battery. In my screenshot you can see what I'm talking about. 476W Battery - 115W Solar PV + 84W Load = 445W Grid. Grid should have there 445 W. This also produces a secondary effect where in "Totals" / "Grid used" is gonna be wrong because it does not account grid energy used to charge the battery.

Am I missing something? It seams to me that the issue comes from the inverter itself and since I can't find any firmware for it and I doubt I ever will, It should be correctable in solar assistant if they added that calculation I just did. At least it would be a lot more close to reality than it is in this moment. I have sent solar-assistant email but got a proforma email saying to update to beta version but I am already using the beta version.

Any ideas ? Thank you

Adolfo

What number does grid input power say on the display? I wonder if there is miscommunication between the inverter and solar assistant.

What version of SA are you using? Are you in the Beta program? They may have a work around or at least make them aware so it can be addressed in a future update.

What number does grid input power say on the display? I wonder if there is miscommunication between the inverter and solar assistant.

I'm not home atm but I don't remember the display having a number on grid input. I have to check.

Yes I'm in the beta program and I have sent them an email but response was to use beta. Beta does not help.

1000014902.jpg

There is no grid number. The inverter literally does not measure grid energy that is used to charge the battery. That 1.7A is only my load.

I have SA and a Must PH-18 Plus connected. No problems like you showed.
But do note that the 1.7A is AC amps, which means the inverter is pulling around 400w from grid. Is that your load?

I have SA and a Must PH-18 Plus connected. No problems like you showed.
But do note that the 1.7A is AC amps, which means the inverter is pulling around 400w from grid. Is that your load?
Yes , my load. It does not measure grid charging battery. My inverter is not a plus model.

Last edited:
Yes , my load. It does not measure grid charging battery. My inverter is not a plus model.
Very odd...
Maybe it's a fault in the inverter.
I would disable solar charging (utility only) and check if it makes any difference.

This inverter does not have utility only by default although SA can actually make it do that, I avoid using functions that not available by default.
The thing has been sock solid since day one but with this quirk unfortunately and without another one to compare I have no idea what to do.

Last edited:
This inverter does not have utility only by default although SA can actually make it do that, I avoid using functions that not available by default.
The thing has been sock solid since day one but with this quirk unfortunately and without another one to compare I have no idea what to do.
I can confirm that Utility only works fine. Very unusual that it doesn't exist in the menus, but SA has it.
I would do this just for testing, to try to get to the bottom of your problem.

What firmware version does your inverter run?

I can confirm that Utility only works fine. Very unusual that it doesn't exist in the menus, but SA has it.
I would do this just for testing, to try to get to the bottom of your problem.

What firmware version does your inverter run?

Sorry for the late response. Version attached. I also attached available charging option from user manual. Utility only is not an option but it is indeed available in SA.
1708085759968.png
1708085828546.png

Back