diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant-no data

grebaba

I ordered the orange pi kit thinking I could just plug it in and it would work.
I received a e mail with a link on how to set it up.
So far so good.
No installation instructions with the box. Just the pi and the power cable. Seemed straight forward to install. I have an EG4-3000.
Hooked the red cable to the positive side of my bus bar and black to the negative side. Plugged the supplied cable into the inverter port and the pi device.
Plugged the lan cable into the port on the pi and into my router.
Went ahead and registered and set up my password etc.
I have an account with them but when I bring up my dashboard I get a no data.
I have tried to set up a wifi connection and the same thing.
It can't be this hard as I see everybody is using the program so what am I doing wrong?
Greg

I ordered the orange pi kit thinking I could just plug it in and it would work.
I received a e mail with a link on how to set it up.
So far so good.
No installation instructions with the box. Just the pi and the power cable. Seemed straight forward to install. I have an EG4-3000.
Hooked the red cable to the positive side of my bus bar and black to the negative side. Plugged the supplied cable into the inverter port and the pi device.
Plugged the lan cable into the port on the pi and into my router.
Went ahead and registered and set up my password etc.
I have an account with them but when I bring up my dashboard I get a no data.
I have tried to set up a wifi connection and the same thing.
It can't be this hard as I see everybody is using the program so what am I doing wrong?
Greg
Did you log into the pi local network first, set up your inverter under Communication settings?

Does the cloud based SA log in see the device and just doesn't display data?

As always reboot. SA should be able to help troubleshoot, send them an email. He responds pretty quick.

1-Yes
2-Yes
I have rebooted several times.
It has to be something simple.
I did use a cable i had to connect the pi to the inverter, so thinking it might be a wrong one I ordered their $38 one yesterday.
Thanks
Greg

How long is the cable between the pi and the inverter? I've found anything over 4-6 feet to be flaky.
Are you showing connected in the configuration tab?

pi connect Capture.JPG

You should be able to access the PI directly on your network by entering the PI IP Address into an internet browser on a computer connected to your local network.

If you can log into the router on your network you should be able to see the PI and its IP Address

My cable is about 3 feet long.
On my usb ports page it shows ACMO usb single seriel and when I hit the connect it never does. That is why I was thinking I might be trying to use the wrong cable.
No way to log into my router as it is supplied by the cable company.
Thanks
Greg

1-Yes
2-Yes
I have rebooted several times.

(y)
It has to be something simple.
I did use a cable i had to connect the pi to the inverter, so thinking it might be a wrong one I ordered their $38 one yesterday.
Thanks
Greg
I was intending to ask about the cable but in your first post I understood it was supplied with SA. I see now that wasn't the case. When I purchased SA, I bought the pi, license, cables and power supply directly from SA. Everything worked fine.

I think it is the cable. I didn't know the cable did not come with the kit so when it came in I used a cable I had.
Wish I had known as I would have ordered one then.
The new one should be here next week so I will give it another try then.
Oh well live and learn.
Greg

Reactions: Zwy
i re started my pi but the dongle cannot be read , im using orange pi 3 lts and buy a license but solar assistant didnt activated it, a lot of link sending but useless link, i follow all instructions given in help but nothing happen also, and the worst is solar assistant support is not replying any message i send seldom answer but useless reply, im using luxpower lxp model 5kw with a BA..... dongle.

diy solar

diy solar
Back