diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant on Micro-Windows PC...

radiomean

Hi, I have a micro PC from Aliexpress (Celeron but runs pretty well) - like this in the link - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003926574260.html
Currently have Growatt SPH 5000 inverter and battery

Runs W10 quite nicely. I wonder if I can run Solar Assistant (or a similar monitoring program) on it?
Obviously I can use Shine Server but I wonder if I can use a stand-alone monitor and not have to use Growatt server?

Thanks..

I have reached out to Pierre, at Solar Assistant, and he says it must be on a Raspi or Orange Pi. I even asked if we could VM and emulate a Raspi, and he said nope.

I have reached out to Pierre, at Solar Assistant, and he says it must be on a Raspi or Orange Pi. I even asked if we could VM and emulate a Raspi, and he said nope.
Oh well, many thanks for asking the questions... It's a pity VM does not work...
Do you know of any similar software that would run on W10 please?

Oh well, many thanks for asking the questions... It's a pity VM does not work...
Do you know of any similar software that would run on W10 please?
Unfortunately I don't, I am using a RPi to run mine. Anything else that I have found that could be run on a VM or W10/11, doesn't have the capability or support that SolarAssistant does. Pierre has really cornered the market here!

Back