diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant possible inverter modes

fmeili1

Solar Enthusiast
Hi,

until now, I've seen the following possible AIO (EG4-6500EX) modes in Solar Assistant:
  • Solar/Battery
  • Grid
  • Standby
  • Power on
  • Fault
These modes are shown in the Solar Assistant Dashboard view, in the inverter details view and these states are also transferred via MQTT.

Is it possible to detect in Solar Assistant if the AIO is completely shut down (off)?

In "Standby", SA still communicates via RS232 with the AIO and get's data from it. But if the inverters are really off, SA still showing "Standby" and I have no chance to differentiate between "Standby" but still getting useful values from the AIO (e.g. temperatures, charging current, etc.) and AIO really off (and no more communication between SA and the AIO will happen). More or less the opposite of the existing "Power on" status...
As an MQTT receiver it's hard to recognize if the system does not sent any more value updates because they are not changing or because the AIO's are really off.

Any ideas are welcome to give me a hint, how this may be achieved...

I'm wondering if it's showing "standby" because that was the last mode SA received. It seems to "freeze" in the dashboard with whatever was received last before losing communication.

I'm wondering if it's showing "standby" because that was the last mode SA received. It seems to "freeze" in the dashboard with whatever was received last before losing communication.
It looks exactly like you've described it. Because SA know's if it could still communicate with the AIO's and it would not be a problem for SA to implement a new mode like "Power off" if communication would not longer be possible.

I'll try to add something about this in the SA wish list...

Back