diy solar

diy solar

Solar Panel Confriguration help request

Easy

Solar panel configuration suggestions please?​

Beginner needs help to figure out the best way to configure panels.

Equipment:

Sol-Ark 15k Hybrid Inverter

27- Sun Power SPR E20-435-COM

Info provided by seller of panels below:

Rated Power: 435W

Current Rating: 7.01-7.5 A

Model: SPR E20-435-COM

Current Output: 5.97

Voltage: 72.9

AMPs: 5.97 A

Sorry if missing needed info. Not intended just ignorant. Will provide upon request.
Thank you in advance

OK, I'll give it a shot then....

Specs on the inverter here:

500 V maximum
MPPT range from 125 to 452

I don't know where you live, but where I live, I've calculated a maximum wintertime Voc of 95 V per panel (5F low). Four in series would give you 380V. Adding a fifth would kick you up to 475V. Personally I don't like pushing any limits that closely, but I guess you could, if your climate isn't too much colder than mine. Anyway, I would personally go 4 in series per string.

So it looks like you can take 3 inputs, with a maximum of 2 strings in parallel per input.

How much wattage do you want out the system? Each string of 4 panels would give you 1.7 kW nominally. You could have two parallel strings of 4 in series per input, for 3.4 kW per input. You can have a total of 3 inputs, giving you 10.2 kW nominally. I guess if you add that 5th panel in each string, you can get up to 12.75 kW. So I guess I would say up to (4s x 2p) x 3, which would be 24 panel array -- or up to (5s x 2p) x 3, which would be 30 panels. YMMV as to the total output power of the system. It depends on many factors, and the rated power of the system only indicates the peak possible production under almost impossibly ideal conditions with everything hitting on all 4 cylinders.

You can also run multiple inverters in parallel.

Depends on how much power you want to put on your roof.

One way:
5 strings:
4 strings of 6S
1 string of 3S
1653963138461.png
Another way:
5 strings:
5S x 3
6S x 2

1653963157043.png

Last edited:
Back