diy solar

diy solar

Solar panel feeds off standing seam roof

waterflea

I'm installing 36 panels on a standing seam roof. Looking for suggestions for the best and cleanest way to get the leads off the roof and into the building. I have searched the internet and can't seem to mind any information on this subject. What am I missing? If anyone can help with pictures or videos, I would really appreciate it.

All leads shoild be secured to the panel frames with stainless clips.
They should all run to a common secrion and feed into steel conduit then into the building.

I suppose the CLEANEST would be several bulkheads below the microinverters, feeding into the structure, then all wiring consolidated in the attic space...

Thanks Super
Seems like there are millions of videos on how to install solar panels which seems to me to be quite straight forward. Very few talk about how they get the power leads off the roof and into the building especially on metal roofs. Maybe I'm not searching using the right phrasing.

I'm installing 36 panels on a standing seam roof. Looking for suggestions for the best and cleanest way to get the leads off the roof and into the building. I have searched the internet and can't seem to mind any information on this subject. What am I missing? If anyone can help with pictures or videos, I would really appreciate it.
Should have had a soladeck flashed in at install. Best way now is some EMT and a shepherd hook bend. It's not going to be pretty, but you won't penetrate the roof that way.

If you want to drill the pan, you could run EMT into the attic and use a screwdown rubber boot sized appropriate, like the one on your vent stack just smaller.

I don't know if it was the 'correct way' to do it but for my garage roof I used one of those RV type boxes. I drilled a hole through the roof and put the EMT fitting through that. Sealed it up and have had 0 leaks for over a year.
In process photos attached that should help explain better.

Attachments

• IMG_20221023_124702.jpg
    IMG_20221023_124702.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20221022_170930.jpg
    IMG_20221022_170930.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20221022_171232.jpg
    IMG_20221022_171232.jpg
    688.2 KB · Views: 7
Back