diy solar

diy solar

Solar panel output, powerstation input mismatch question

Bodds

Could I ask if this solar panel purchased would be suitable for my Powerstation or will I be losing the maximum potential wattage due to mismatched specs. And would I better off sending the panel back?

Thank you

Powerstation: Anker C1000
Max input wattage - 600w
Solar input:
For 11 - 32V - max current 10A
For 32 -62V - max current 12.5A

Solar panel: Ecoflow 220w bifacial
Open circuit voltage- 21.8V (vmp 18.4V)

Short circuit current -
front side 13A(imp 12A)
Rear side 8.8A (imp 8.4A)

The inputs indicate the max it will use.

Your proposed panel will deliver 10A max due to Anker input restriction, so 18.4Vmp * 10A = 184W.

It will provide this for as long as the conditions will support at least 10A output from the panel.

The inputs indicate the max it will use.

Your proposed panel will deliver 10A max due to Anker input restriction, so 18.4Vmp * 10A = 184W.

It will provide this for as long as the conditions will support at least 10A output from the panel.
I was thinking 10a max input vs 13a max of the panel =30% loss.. so if i had 100w from the panel i could lose 30% so 70 Watts.

but what you say makes sense thank you.

Either way I lose input power. I'm better off buying another panel more compatible.

I was thinking 10a max input vs 13a max of the panel =30% loss.. so if i had 100w from the panel i could lose 30% so 70 Watts.

but what you say makes sense thank you.

Either way I lose input power. I'm better off buying another panel more compatible.

A "24V" or 72 cell panel will probably get you closer to the sweet spot. They seem to be tailored for your typical 100W panels.

3S2P of your typical 100W panels are the only realistic way to get the claimed 600W.

Back