diy solar

diy solar

Question about solar charging limits on solar generators

NewJersey

I was looking at the Anker c1000 but this question really pertains to all of these units as they often have pretty tight limits to hit their claimed max PV input.
The c1000 has a 60v/20a max and claims it can accept 600w.

I was looking at https://www.santansolar.com/product/new-ht-solar-370w-mono-solar-panel/ these panels.
41v and 11.45a

Ran in parallel that'd be over 20a, but from reading on here it would still work, right?

My question is how many watts would the unit actually be able to accept from two of the 370w rated panels?

A lot of charge controllers can be over-paneled and the amperage will just start clipping at their max current limit. I wouldn't think 2 amps over would do anything.

The Voltage is what is the hard ceiling. If you go over that voltage limit (also making sure you take temperature coefficient into account) you're more than likely gonna damage equipment.

My question is how many watts would the unit actually be able to accept from two of the 370w rated panels?

The voltage / power spec of your unit 600W at up to 20A means it will make that max power at a minimum voltage of 600/20= 30V. Then throttle current as voltage increases toward the max of 60V.

Voltage at Max Power for those is spec'd at - 33.92V, which is over the 30V needed for 600W. So 33.92V * 20A = 678W. Your unit will cap at 600W before you run out of panel on a good solar day.

Back