diy solar

diy solar

Solar Panel review

Julianna

REC 350W 144 Half Cell Solar Panel Im looking at getting 2 of these solar panels to hook up to a 3000w growatt AIO system. with 4 100ah 12v LIFEPO4 batteries for a shuttle bus conversion. If anyone has any experience with them or santan solar please let me know! I'm having to email them about shipping so that is also a concern.

Thanks!

Nothing but positive about Santan. Lots of folks buy from them, but often in bulk with full pallets. The issue you'll find is that it may cost almost as much to ship two as the panel prices themselves.

Worth a call but may get better value with a local source.

Nothing on the panels specifically, but REC has a good reputation.

SanTan Solar is great, I've order 3 pallets from them at different times, the panels were exactly as described. On the last order I did, I only needed 9 panels and found that it was better on freight to order a full pallet, so I went in on a group buy with 2 other local friends and we got a full pallet (of 29 panels), because I think if you were to get only 2, freight might still be kind of high because it requires the same amount of length x width... Have them get you a freight quote on your 2, to make sure you're cool with it first...

I had SanTan ship 4 new panels from AZ to Ohio. They checked a few carriers to find the best price. I could have gone to a freight terminal to save a few bucks but decided to ship to my home.

They used a pallet, well protected but not terribly cheap.

I’ve purchased from them multiple times without issue. Other purchases were picked up in AZ.

They now can also ship from their new Georgia location if that is closer.

Back