diy solar

diy solar

Solar panel suggestions

EL34xyz

I just got my Sol-Ark 15k and 6 x EG4 Lifepower batteries up and running two days ago
I also have the Lifepower communications hub connected to the batteries and the Sol-Ark and that works great

I have been testing the setup by letting it power one of my buildings during the work day
I work in this building all day long running computers, a small CNC machine and other electronics
From a full charge, the battery bank goes down to 82% by about 6pm.
Then I turned the grid back on and let the Sol-Ark charge the batteries to see how long that takes
It took 1.5 hours last night to charge back up from 82% to full charge using the grid

Now I am ready to go the next step and add some solar panels
I am very limited in space for solar panels because I am surrounded by trees
The building roof is mostly shaded and the only space I have is a section of my garden

I measured what space I can use and it is 25 feet long by about 8 feet wide
So, I am thinking that I should probably get the largest wattage panels and mount them vertically to use the space as efficiently as possible
And being that I only have 25 feet, I would want to fill that up with vertical mounted panels, not horizontal
So if a panel was 4 foot wide x 6 foot tall, I could only fit 6 panels in my space. 6 x 4' = 24'
It is a grassy area and so bifacial panels would not do me any good?

I am in NC, so shipping is an issue and California shipping is not an option.

I am not sure what panels would be good for my needs?
Does anyone have any suggestions for solar panels?

Any Amazon deals that look good?
Thanks

Here's a shot of my setup. I am still working on concealing the cables.

Attachments

• Img_1957_Small.png
    Img_1957_Small.png
    562.1 KB · Views: 10
I measured what space I can use and it is 25 feet long by about 8 feet wide

How high can you go ? ,

Which way is south , is it the long side or the short side?

Was thinking about a triangle shaped upright frame, 8 foot deep, 25 foot wide , two panels high vertically

Youd need some good footing cause it'll act like a sail in the wind ... but you could fit plenty of panels .

Possibly 14 total . 7 panels wide, 2 high, .

Say 430w panels:

430wx14 gives you a 6kw array

8f746eb7a1d2fdf720c1c83fe3a159ed.jpg

This kind of thing , obviously not quite this big !

...Your panels would be at a pretty steep angle , but that is ok just not quite as efficient

View attachment 145965

This kind of thing , obviously not quite this big !

...Your panels would be at a pretty steep angle , but that is ok just not quite as efficient

Yep, that's what I will be doing, but only one panel high and I will make it so I can adjust tilt for the seasons

I already have a building plan

I am more interested in solar panel links and suggestions?

Back