diy solar

diy solar

Solar panel wiring for Ecoflow delta pro

DrfluffyMD

Hey guys

I am super new to the solar stuff and I have been doing a lot of reading. Please excuse me if this question is super dumb.

I have an Ecoflow delta Pro. Input is 1600W max, 150V max and 15A max

Can I string together 2x 400w panel with around 50V VOC and 11 amp scc in series, and connect those 2 string in a parallel for a total of 4 panel of 1600W? No overpaneling for now.

Do I just need a combiner box that can handle more than 20A? I worry about things catching fire since the scc is a bit more than 20A. Do I just throw in a fuse box?

If this is really dumb, let me know whats a good source to learn and read about it!

2S2P would be 22A vs. the 15A limit meaning you'll get only 2/3 of the rated array max. You will be over-paneled significantly... by 50%.

When a MPPT has such a restrictive input current limit, it is extremely difficult and often impossible to get near rated power, i.e.,

1600W/15A = 107Vmp.

3S 60 cell panels might get you pretty close.

I am going to use 3 of these panels in series which will give me
All panels wired in SERIES:
  • Max power output: 1442.36W
  • Max power voltage (Vmp): 133.8V
  • Max power current (Imp): 10.78A
  • Loss: 0%

I am new here. Any help would be much appreciated. I have 4 EcoFlow Delta Pro"s having the same issue. EcoFlow has been very slow and not had much if any good responses. The latest firmaware update will not install in any of the units. Firmware upgrade 0.3.06. When I press the firmware button to upgrade it they connect but the upgrade sits at zero percent for hours and disconnects from the internet. I have unlinked all units, deleted the app and reinstalled it. I have used a different tablet and different phone and nothing seems to work. Sorry to jump into a different discussion. The people in this chat seem to know what they are talking about. Thanks

Hey guys, here is my question…

I have two Delta Pros and currently two extra batteries with two more on order. I have a Smart Home Panel which was installed, but we discovered two faulted relays (#1 & 2) so I’m waiting for replacement relays from Ecoflow. While I wait, I would like some assistance with solar input….

I want to get as close to the 3200 watt limit for solar input and would appreciate suggestions how to get there. Any help on the make, power and amount of solar panels as well as how to wire them (series, parallel, or series/parallel). They will be mounted on my roof, but I’d like to keep the footprint as small as possible so I don’t have to listen to my wife tell me how ugly they are!

Lastly (and please forgive the ignorant question) but what is over-panelling and should I do it and if so, How is it done safely.

Thanks for any help or assistance that you guys can give!

what is over-panelling and should I do it and if so, How is it done safely.
Over-panelling is installing more amperage in solar panels than your solar unit can accept. Why would you want to do this? Solar panels still produce a portion of output power during cloudy days. If you are in a frequently cloudy location, over panelling will allow you to charge more than if you only had the amperage limit of your unit. In the case of the Delta pro which accepts 15amps, if you installed 30amps worth of solar panels, you could charge fully during a time when conditions are allowing 50% of light through. The downside is the more you over panel, the more money you spend on solar panels and equipment that are not utilized during full sun times.

Everyone has different conditions, but there is a limit of what becomes a good investment. Rather than overpanelling a crazy amount, it may be better to look into a different system that can accept the full potential of the solar panels

How to do it safely: Make sure you do not exceed the voltage of the unit, even calculating in the coldest days as the voltage of solar panels goes up the colder it gets. Be sure to install the proper combiners, fuses and wiring to code.

As far as reaching the 1600 x 2 max watts for the Delta Pros, starts with a search on here using the advanced search function under the search function.

I am going to use 3 of these panels in series which will give me
All panels wired in SERIES:
  • Max power output: 1442.36W
  • Max power voltage (Vmp): 133.8V
  • Max power current (Imp): 10.78A
  • Loss: 0%
Use VOC for calculating the voltage on the Delta Pro. I ended up over voltage using VMP value. And it will stop using solar, no error codes. It might use solar in the morning but mid day it will shut down.

Back