diy solar

diy solar

Solar set up

ballard

Hi all I have a the 1080w hybrid eco worthy set up it's been installed in my shepherds hut which is run by gas ,so literally only gona run the ,3 lights ,sockets and a mini fridge, I have 2 12.8v 100ah batterys what came with the set up , I'm going to add 2 more just wondering what people think amd is this man enough for what I'm expecting it to run as am letting it out for holiday use and don't want it running down , also what would the best settings be on controller as eco worthy customer service has been pretty basic and not really helped atm

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323_085752_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323_085752_Chrome.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 2
Hi all I have a the 1080w hybrid eco worthy set up it's been installed in my shepherds hut which is run by gas ,so literally only gona run the ,3 lights ,sockets and a mini fridge, I have 2 12.8v 100ah batterys what came with the set up , I'm going to add 2 more just wondering what people think amd is this man enough for what I'm expecting it to run as am letting it out for holiday use and don't want it running down , also what would the best settings be on controller as eco worthy customer service has been pretty basic and not really helped atm
Add up the loads over time to see if you have enough solar panels to replace the power used. We call this an energy audit.

going to add 2 more
…batteries?
Good idea. Wildhat guessing that 200Ah at 24V is the minimum you want to have. While 100Ah/24 “should be enough” that assumes no cloudy days.
Another wildhat rule of thumb is you need ~200W of panels for every 1200-1500Wh of useable battery storage. The initial two batteries will yield ~2500Wh so that’s ‘marginal’ from my wildhat given the parameters you described:
don't want it running down
what would the best settings be on controller
There should be a manual online for the batteries or included in your package.
Typical conservative numbers for maybe ‘similar’ batteries would be bulk 14.6V for 1 hour, float 13.8V and 14.6V HVD if that thing lets you set ‘bulk/boost” voltage the same as HVD. 14.2HV reconnect, maybe? and 11.6V LVD?

Otherwise, if it has a default ‘lithium’ setting just use that and not think about it?

Back