diy solar

diy solar

Solar system for Irish small business - component enquiry

arjandelaney

Hi Guys

Like most, if not all on this forum, I have been watching Will's videos for a couple of years to help me with my camping set-ups, however I am now serious about building a solar system for my small/medium business based in Ireland. The cost of electricity is spiraling out of control at the moment.

All of the components on Will's website https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/all-in-one-122448v-packages.html are US use only as far as I can see.

I've been in touch with EG4 already but they don't offer, or plan to offer, components for use in Europe. So, I am stuck.

Therefore, I'm asking for advice on the best inverter/all-in-one systems that are available for 240V in Europe/Ireland that I can hook up to PV and batteries which are easily available here. I'm pretty sure the Growatt all-in-one's are available to me easily, but wondering what other and possibly better options are out there and available for Irish use.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Guys

Like most, if not all on this forum, I have been watching Will's videos for a couple of years to help me with my camping set-ups, however I am now serious about building a solar system for my small/medium business based in Ireland. The cost of electricity is spiraling out of control at the moment.

All of the components on Will's website https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/all-in-one-122448v-packages.html are US use only as far as I can see.

I've been in touch with EG4 already but they don't offer, or plan to offer, components for use in Europe. So, I am stuck.

Therefore, I'm asking for advice on the best inverter/all-in-one systems that are available for 240V in Europe/Ireland that I can hook up to PV and batteries which are easily available here. I'm pretty sure the Growatt all-in-one's are available to me easily, but wondering what other and possibly better options are out there and available for Irish use.

Thanks in advance!!!
Deye…

Hi Guys

Thanks in advance!!!
sunsynk, which is based out of the UK...
they are the same as Deye and Sol-Ark, so if you do a search here , i am very sure you get a good idea on what they can and can not do

I have been happy with my Solis. Solis Hybrid inverters seem quite popular in the UK, not sure about Ireland though.

Bimble Solar near Lewes in East Sussex.
Actually when I googled them, it seems Lewes is a hot spot for solar companies !!!

Thanks for your comments so far guys.

I have been quoted for a 7.2kWp solar system with 18 No. 405W Trina Solar panels but without batteries using a Huawei SUN ktl Hybrid 6 inverter. Are these good quality, or does anyone have experience with these units or others from Huawei?

The sales rep is telling me I can expect to generate approx. 5,670-6,480 kWh/year, which seems very high for a combination of east/west roof pitches in Ireland, where it rains a lot. What do the experts on here think about this generation quantity?

Thanks

serious about building a solar system for my small/medium business based in Ireland.
Two things:
There will be regulations and approved inverters that you will have to comply with.
Think about having twice or more as many panels for the same output as people talk about in sunnier climes.

Nobody mentions Victron?

How much inverter wattage do you need?
Do you require 3 phase AC?

As much as I like Victron I don't think it is approved on the SEAI Triple E register.

Cheers Phil

I see you know a bit about SEAI so I'm guessing you're based in Ireland. Can you recommend any good honest solar supply and installers in Ireland? PM if you wish.

I'd love to go at it myself as know a bit about solar and batteries, etc., but getting a quality installation up on a high roof is not that easy.

Cheers Phil

I see you know a bit about SEAI so I'm guessing you're based in Ireland. Can you recommend any good honest solar supply and installers in Ireland? PM if you wish.

I'd love to go at it myself as know a bit about solar and batteries, etc., but getting a quality installation up on a high roof is not that easy.
I am in Ireland, but my self-installed scheme is in another country. I don't have any personal knowledge of Irish installers, other than the general knowledge that if you choose to avail of a grant they must be SEAI-approved.

Late reply but I reckon you should have taken a gander at Victron Energy's stuff. They're based in the Netherlands and their gear is pretty top-notch for 240V. Solid inverters and all-in-one systems. Also, I've heard good things about SMA and their Sunny Island series. They're a German company and have been around for a while, so they know their stuff. Not sure about the availability for ya in Ireland, but worth a shot, eh? Both companies have solid reviews and are well-established in the EU. And BTW, I found some of this info in a couple of reddit backlinks while deep-diving into the world of solar. So, if you've got some spare time, you might find more leads in there.

Last edited:
Back