diy solar

diy solar

Solar upgrade in NorCal failed inspection. Does this kick me out of NEM 2.0?

jmzorko

Hello, all ...

So, PG&E finally inspected my solar upgrade today, and they found one issue - the installer ran conduit within 2ft of the gas meter. While I'm confident that I can hire an electrician to get this corrected quickly, I'm wondering: Does this kick me out of NEM 2.0? The application (adding 3kw PV plus battery storage to the already-existing 3kw PV) was approved by PG&E just under the deadline.

Regards,

John

Final clearance must be submitted to PG&E by April 15, 2023. In California PG&E controls the PUC and the governor so they get to make the rules.

The last governor to go up against PG&E (and Enron) was Gray Davis and he found himself facing a recall campaign and being replaced by a Republican. Better to spend a few million dollars on the recall campaign then to pay the $4 billion Davis wanted to get from the crooks at Enron. Who says crime does not pay?

Inspections don't work that way, minor corrections don't cause a complete restart of the process. Its still the same approved permit. Make the changes and call them out again, worst case they assess a trip charge for the extra inspection. One possible exception would be if the 6 month or whatever time limit has expired to complete the installation. Even then, if the final inspection took place the day before expiration they would normally give you a grace period for something so minor as moving a conduit. Its a job in process, the time limits are primarily for situations where people never start or abandon the project.

Back