diy solar

diy solar

Solar Water Pump Without Battery

baloydi

How do I create a solar pump setup without battery? I want a direct setup from the panel to the pump. Which means my setup only works when there is sun light availabe.

What materials should i use?

I will be using the smallest 12V water pump.
Tnx.

pump1.jpg
Product Name: Risen smart home10-150W solar panel mono

Product Description:

• The Risen smart home
  • Monocrystalline solar panel 10-150W
  • Wattage: 10W
  • Working voltage: 6V
  • Maximum voltage: 9V
  • Wattage: 10W
  • Working voltage: 12V
  • Maximum voltage: 18V
  • Size: 250 350*17MM
  • Wattage: 20W
  • Size: 347*447*17MM
  • Wattage: 55W
  • Size: 527*667*25MM
  • Wattage: 110W
  • Size: 1000*670*30MM
  • Wattage: 150W
  • Working voltage: 18V
  • Maximum voltage: 22V
  • Size: 1000*670*30MM
  • Solar panels do not contain wires and MC4
pump.png

Product Name: 800L/H 5m DC 12V Solar Brushless Motor Water Circulation Water Pump
  • Max Water Head: 5m
  • Max Flow Rate: 800 L/H
  • Voltage: 12V DC
  • Name: Solar Water pump
  • Max circulating water temperature: 100°C

What materials you should use will depend on your requirements. How far/high you need to pump, volume, etc.

I don't know what to say other than connecting positive to positive and negative to negative. Choose a panel that exceeds that needs of your pump.

My thoughts: voltage of the PV panels might vary between 0 and almost maximum Voltage, Voc = 18V for most of the panels indicated. I'm not sure if the pump would be able to handle this, both the different (high) voltages and the oscillations. Normally something (a battery, or a control box or something) would stabilize that. Power (W) of the pump is not indicated but I think often they often use 1.3 or a bit more times as much (so for 100W pump, you'd use 130W panel. Or 150W).

What materials you should use will depend on your requirements. How far/high you need to pump, volume, etc.

I don't know what to say other than connecting positive to positive and negative to negative. Choose a panel that exceeds that needs of your pump.
You tried.

How do I create a solar pump setup without battery? I want a direct setup from the panel to the pump. Which means my setup only works when there is sun light availabe.

What materials should i use?

I will be using the smallest 12V water pump.
Tnx.
Shurflo pumps should work
What application?
The Shruflo pumps performed best in applications where the pressure flow switch can work

https://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/18533/using-panels-directly-to-12v-shurflo-pump

The way I do it is with a Surflo 12-24DC submersible pump run by a dedicated 24v panel. Two large bladder tanks indoors hold around 60gallons of useable drawdown. A pressure switch at the tanks tells the pump controller when to shut off. Plenty of water 90% of the time if we are conscious of water use/forecast. But as backup I ran leads from the pump +/- on the controller that I can hook up to a 12V battery (controller and battery indoors) if I want a pump when the sun isn't shining. Dangerous though as this bypasses the pressure switch so I always set a timer.

Back