diy solar

diy solar

SolarAssistant/Sol-Ark 15k/PowerSync LFP3250/Home Assistant

UNC2K3

Hi Everyone!

New to the forum and only about 3 months in with my new solar and battery setup. I'm looking for some help on how to get a few things configured. I have read through quite a few threads with various configurations, but none that have matched my own.

Here's what I've got:
  • Home Assistant on an Intel NUC
  • SolarAssistant on an Orange Pi 3 LTS
  • Currently setup with PowerView (https://pv.inteless.com)
That's about as far as I have made it so far as I have read various suggestions on what cables to use (and what ports to connect with). I even have a DSD Tech SH-U11F USB to RS485 RS422 Converter that I purchased based on another recommendation, but I've had issues with a) figuring out how to create a cable to connect the USB to RS485 and b) getting an OPENWRT Router configured. After reading about SolarAssistant, it seemed to be a much easier path to take, yet I'm still not sure how to proceed or what cables to buy now that I have everything for SolarAssisant. I also don't know if my batteries are compatible with Solar Assistant either or what specific cable(s) I might need.

Integration into Home Assistant shouldn't be too difficult once I have SolarAssistant fully configured.

My apologies for the long post, but I'm simply not sure what to do from here. Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction!

what exactly are you looking for? if you read the 15k manual

on page 45 it shows the pinout for the modbus. You probably want to use pins 6 (Grnd) 7, and 8 for the read apis so you'll need to splice a rj45 cable and use those 3 wires as input to the RS485 input. From my understanding you should be able to just interact with the inverter - do your batteries have communication with the inverter already set up?

Just turn on the MQTT broker on Solar assistant and point Home assistant at it.
Pretty straight forward.
sorry, is a long time ago :)

Bud i have a big problem.
I use the Solarassistant and Homeassistant for the inverter.
The following problem, the data from the inverter arrives in the Homeassistant, I can hear (see) it on the MQTT browser. Afterwards, only the entity “Response” is displayed, the entities for the data are missing.
I set up a new Homassistant, only with the Solarassistant, tried it with the MQTT broker from the Solarassistant and with the broker from the HS and the share file in the config.yaml.
All to no avail, the data only ever reaches the MQTT browser.

Where is my mistake?

Does have an idea

Attachments

• Protokoll.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 8

diy solar

diy solar
Back