diy solar

diy solar

Solaredge Revenue grade monitoring spikes!

Bermuda1023

As you can see below, there is a massive spike briefly during the day. This happens sporadically but a few times a month, any idea what can be causing this on the install?
This system is about 16kw

solar spike.png

Is it set for non-export and somehow exporting a little? What is your sample interval?

I get the same thing on my Solar edge. Something is wrong on their end how they handle the data. Been exchanging e-mails with them for about a month. The data spike can be wild like 800KWH generated in one day from a 7.2KW system. But as I've pointed out the data on the layout page and analysis page is correct so how can it be bad data from me? It's how they handle it on their end.

good luck please post if you hear anything.

the system does export back to the grid daily, this is happening 2-9 times a month.

and that is interesting, the layout page doesnt show this but the dashboat and my analysis does

Hey just for clarity, I am a partner at a solar company and have the login to see client systems. We arent sure why this is happening

Likely a programming error for dealing with out-of-bounds numbers. Without another meter to validate what is happening and when it is really hard to push the manufacturer to fix it.

We have a PPA agreement with clients so obviously , this matters for us. I can try and program away these crazy numbers (removing massive spikes via the 15min or 5min API data granularity) but this feels like a pain in the ass considering we have 'revenue grade' meters. Only a handful of clients expereince this

We have a PPA agreement with clients so obviously , this matters for us. I can try and program away these crazy numbers (removing massive spikes via the 15min or 5min API data granularity) but this feels like a pain in the ass considering we have 'revenue grade' meters. Only a handful of clients expereince this
Then I would be more forceful with Solaredge in fixing their bug! ;). My guess is if the 5-minute integral is export it pushes the bogus numbers... which is not "revenue grade."

Do all your clients have the optional revenue grade meter? Have you seen any relationship in regard to when they began to operate for those showing data spikes? I went online mid May.

Likely a programming error for dealing with out-of-bounds numbers. Without another meter to validate what is happening and when it is really hard to push the manufacturer to fix it.
Shimmy don't need another meter, the reports Solar Edge generates on different pages of their site don't match. It's a bug in the backside of their site they just need to find it.

Got the following response from Solar Edge yesterday

"Hello,

It's a known portal issue for the inverters with RGM3 and our enhanced team are still investigating it.
We don't have an ETA yet when it's gonna be resolved and we're still waiting for a firmware upgrade so please expect that this may occur again but we are making sure to find solution as soon as possible to resolved this issue.
I've already escalated the site to our enhanced team and once a solution is available it will be automatically applied
."

So now I wait.

Mike,

Who or how did you contact? do you have a guy i can speak to? I will make my voice nice and loud to help

Mike,

Who or how did you contact? do you have a guy i can speak to? I will make my voice nice and loud to help
Like you I work in the electrical industry, I just opened a trouble report from the installer side of their website. Took 3-4 e-mail changes with them having me check to be sure my install was correct before they admitted it was an issue on their side

Back