diy solar

diy solar

SolarEdge SH5000 Lost Internet Connection - SOLVED

SolarSD

I have a SolarEdge SH5000 inverter, with display, and 18 panels. About 5 years old. I lost internet connectivity for monitoring last week on 5/16 at noon. System is still producing, as I can see it on the front panel, electric meter, and at the utility company. I've not changed my router or inverter settings (prior to this happening), it just stopped connecting and sending data.

My setup is ethernet to an extender to the router. This setup has worked pretty well for the past years.

Panel displays "10000000 DHCP Failed". It's done this a few times over the past few years but I've been able to remedy it by power cycling the inverter. This is no longer making it come back alive. And, I can't see the inverter connected to the router.

I've tried:
- Disabling DCHP and manually setting IP/Subnet Mask/Gateway to 192.168.1.10/255.255.255.0/192.168.1.1 When doing this it gets past the DHCP Failed message but then displays "11000000 Gateway Ping Failed" and "11000000 TCP Connect Failed". It now shows up on my router though, with the assigned IP and MAC address.
- With DHCP enabled or not, I'm unable to get a ping
- Googling, someone had luck changing the port from 22222 to 22221. Didn't work for me. Changed it back to 22222
- Rebooted both router and extender. No change.
- Changed ethernet cable from inverter to extender. No change. Although, once I unplug the ethernet from the extender the status on the inverter changes to LAN disconnected

Looking for any ideas to get it going again. Thanks!

I received some suggestions elsewhere. In short, I've turned my extender off/on several times over the days without success. Today, I did a factory reset on the extender, reconfigured, and then the inverter returned successful status codes for the first time in a week. Then, shortly after it started to update my monitor data. So, SOLVED, should anyone else run into something like this.

Back