diy solar

diy solar

Solaredge troubleshooting - Optimizer or Module problem

godawgs

I'm trying to determine whether I have a panel issue, or an optimizer issue. In looking at the module voltages, both appear to move down (producing) at the same exact time, while the optimizer voltage moves up (at the same exact time). It's very strange. I think it's an optimizer issue. But I am throwing it out to the hive here to see if anyone has experienced this - before I tackle a roof-top visit for more investigation. I've attached screenshots of the voltage data. Modules 9 and 10 are the problem. What do you think? Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• Module voltage comparison.png
    Module voltage comparison.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Optimizer voltage comparison.png
    Optimizer voltage comparison.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 6
That's odd.
What does the shading and array layout look like? How long has this installation been operating? When did this start.
Something look like it changed just after 2:00pm and #10 looks like it starts working.

SWAG, bad connections around optimizer 9

That's odd.
What does the shading and array layout look like? How long has this installation been operating? When did this start.
Something look like it changed just after 2:00pm and #10 looks like it starts working.

SWAG, bad connections around optimizer 9
It's been this way for a while. I just haven't pursued troubleshooting. No shading at all. These panels/optimizers are in series with 16 other sets (18 total).

Back