diy solar

diy solar

Solarever new 400w panel

I realize this post is months old, however, I bought three of the 440W modules with the intention of connecting them in series for a 150V, 1.3KW system. I will say that the panels do pack a punch and really crank out the power, but there is one inherent problem with them. They are rated at 49.62V VOC. When in series, I get constant over voltage warnings from my Victron Energy 150/70 MPPT SCC. January cold weather, in full sun. they produce more than the 49.62 VOC and shoot out almost 51V VOC. This is not good, and I have been forced to use only two of the panels. The one extra panel now powers a small self built "Solar Generator". I am glad I bought three only. They are no longer availble from what I could find.

10 of these panels in series would make over 500V VOC. 10 of the panels you mentioned making 370V VOC is a lot. What solar charge controller are you using? Check the controllers maximum input voltage before making the decision.

The MPPTs that I was looking at were 450-500v models, so the panels would work nicely with them. However, I talked to the manufacturer and they aren't in production yet.

Back