diy solar

diy solar

Solax Inverter and idle battery

Passagefred

Last couple of days, very low sunlight, so no battery. So, last night did a forced charge on the system. Everything worked well, battery fully charged up this morning. Sods Law, full sunshine today, so solar panels ran everything, as usual. However, since the sun has gone, the battery has not 'kicked in' and we are using the grid fully. On closer inspection of the inverter, it is saying that the battery is 'idle'. Have tried various ideas but with no success. Can anybody think of any way of getting the batteries to work again?

Fred

I normally have to switch the inverter off, wait 30 seconds and then switch it on again via app. But in my case, the system discharges to the MinSoC% and then stays stuck in IDLE, ignoring any configured Forced Charge times. However, if a Forced Charge time arrives when the system is still above the MinSoC% [i.e. it is still in NORMAL] then the Forced charging DOES takes place. In addition, if the system is in IDLE, but there is Solar, then the system comes out of IDLE into NORMAL and starts charging automatically. I can't crack my issue either!

Back